• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top paint

DFD2010-A

Anyone have experience painting their soft top with associated success/horror stories? If so did you just use what you were painting the truck with or vinyl specific paint? Thanks to any replies.

Maverick1701

I cant remember which thread I was reading (it was late) but I know someone painted theirs black (IIRC) and it looked pretty sharp

AceHigh

I painted a few covers, including a cargo cover this past summer and so far excellent results. My method was to wipe the surface down with paint thinner, let it dry, thin the paint a little more than usual and use no hardner. I painted 24087 green Gillispie.

Only issue I have so far is it does not look like canvas, so overall although it is holding fine and not peeling or cracking it does have an unusual overall appearance.

x-ray

I've used Krylon OD camo paint with labelled as "with fusion technology" (get at wally-mart) on deuce top and cover - works great and holding fine about 6 months now. was ablle to convert camo cover to an OD cover. Prep was that I Cleaned with soap& water to get dust off and paint on a nice warm day. dries quick and If you need to do it again, sure is cheap enough