• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solar Battery Tender for M923

sd39u

I've decided to add a solar battery tender to my M923A1 and I just ordered one from that auction website.

I was wondering where most of you have decided to mount the solar panel and the control box?

Thanks!

chadande

I made a little bracket and put the solar panel on the davit so it was up high and in the sun at just about any angle. I put the controller in the battery box under the seat.

Attachments

Last edited:

pmramsey

The military mounts the controller box in the first section of the battery box under the passenger seat closest to the door. The de-sulfator controller is the sealed area just outside the controller box. This works even without the solar panel installed.

sd39u

Thank You! I'm thinking of mounting the solar panel on the arm of the spare tire crane. That way where ever its parked it'll get some good sunlight.

The military mounts the controller box in the first section of the battery box under the passenger seat closest to the door. The de-sulfator controller is the sealed area just outside the controller box. This works even without the solar panel installed.

pmramsey

Your solar panel is especially good and it requires less than an hour of daylight to top up your battery due to daily battery discharge from disuse. Six-seven hours of daylight a week is all you need to keep the batteries topped up. Therefore, mounting the solar panel in a safe/secure place is by far the most important element when selecting a mounting location. You can store your truck in a cave and drive it only on Sundays and you will be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks