• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

solargizer quantity on deuce

yorkgulch2

RE: Solarizer on the duece

"I had to think of something to get the sun and stay out of the way especially if I wanted to fold down the windscreen. It also serves as an additional place to secure MRE pouches by wedging them between it and the stack for heating while driving."

Good idea! especially the MRE heating. That probably works better than the manifold and easier to get at. The solar panels work best if they are perpendicular to the suns rays or roughly equal to your latitude. In the winter I lower my house panels to as low as 21 degrees. If you put a speed square next to the solargizer and look at the shadow you can get pretty close to the best angle.

Cdub

I just picked up a 24 volt Solorgizer for the M925a1 and was wondering which is the best way to hook it up to the four batteries......

I was planning on using the terminals that the slave cable connects to allow the Solorgizer to pulse through all of the four batteries.........Or should I set it up to only maintain two batteries at one time........

Thanks,

C'dub

Attachments

Cdub

I set it up to work on just a pair of the 12 volts at a time and I'll switch it over about onces a week until I get another solorgizer for the other two.........

Thanks Bjorn for your help.

Cheers,

C'dub

acetomatoco

Remember to read the directions (aka manual) because there are cautions regarding cutting and splicing the factory wires on the Solargisers....honest...

Cdub

Re: RE: Solarizer on the duece

acetomatoco said:
Remember to read the directions (aka manual) because there are cautions regarding cutting and splicing the factory wires on the Solargisers....honest...

Gotcha........... :D

Thanks,

C'dub

spicergear

RE: Re: RE: Solarizer on the duece

I recently picked up a set of batteries for my deuce truck and this thing has my interest. Where to buy and how much? Sounds like Walmart??

Cdub

Re: RE: Re: RE: Solarizer on the duece

spicergear said:
I recently picked up a set of batteries for my deuce truck and this thing has my interest. Where to buy and how much? Sounds like Walmart??
I got mine from Ebay........PM'ed ya the details.

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Solarizer on the duece

Well it looks like I just got another one off Da'bay for the other set of batteries....it should be good now....

I think the solargizer would work better with only a set of two 12's instead of trying to use it on the quad set up........when I get the second Solargizer this will be my set up with the four 12's

seya,

C'dub

Attachments

800summit

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Solarizer on the duece

I was wondering if you leave the Solargizer connected while the engine is running, did not see where you would have to disconnect it while driving

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought about getting a solarizer and adding a slave cable end so I can plug it into the nato plug on the side of the cab. Anyone done this?

800summit

Did a follow up on the Solargizer, it has been down as low as -35F below zero this winter, went out 4 months later on a warm day 24F above motor cranked as if it had brand new batteries. Solargizer is setting in the defroster on the front windshield a in the general direction towards the Bright light (sun) also checked the voltage on a overcast day when the temp was -20F, showed it was putting out 25V

MilitaryRestoration

I put two 24v on my 5ton, dont have a picture but the row of two towards the front of truck has one unit on them and the second row has another... I've also got the 24v chargers brand new in box with all mounting hardware and the led version for 55.00. They work just fine the way that I have them set up.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one I took off a truck I had before I sold it. Only problem is that I keep my truck parked in a shed. I guess I could mount it outside on the shed and attach it to the bats. with alligator clips while the truck is parked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks