• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some of M900 Series Brush Truck builds

BrushMaster Builder

Some of our M939 Series Brush Truck Builds

Hope you like our brush truck conversions on the M939 Series...give me some feedback. We like positive and negative (constructive) comments to help better our trucks....We call them the Kyrish BrushMaster package. Thanks.
Andy

Attachments

Last edited:

Vintage iron

I like it! I am planning a Iraq gun truck. some of them had a big brush breaker on the front too. I like the roll bar. What size tires are those?

MRFD715

Great looking rigs! We're in the process of building one out of an M35A3, it's not going to be as fancy as those are though! How much water are those hauling and how is the weight distribution? We're having a hard time figuring out where exactly to mount the tank (600 gallon pod) to get the weight right since we don't have a set of scales around.

BrushMaster Builder

Thanks for the compliment! You shouldnt have any trouble with 600 gallons on the M35A3 as long as you keep your tank height down. A good rule of thumb is to have the top of the tank no higher than the center of the back sliding glass or the center of the cab top. It's better to increase your lenght and width and keep the height as low as possible. if you like, I can provide you a copy of the drawing for a 750 gallon tank we put on a M35A3 awhile back.

BrushMaster Builder

Sorry. Forgot to answer on the capacity of the trucks pictured. The truck with limb risers in the front is carrying 1650 gallons of water and 20 gallons of foam. The truck that is basically all aluminum is carrying 1850 gallons with 30 gallon foam cell. The shorter chassis is only carrying 1000 gallons.

BrushMaster Builder

Space Re-Claim

Storage on top of tanks and battery box relocation. We use the top of the tanks for additional storage. On the battery box....I always hated having batteries under my butt.....we move them to the outside and convert the BII box to the battery box during our 24 to 12 VDC conversion.

Attachments

MRFD715

Thanks for the info. We already have the tank, it's one of those 600 gallon aluminum fuel pods, so it sits up a little higher than you're talking. We're not worried about the overall weight we just want to make sure that it's distributed correctly. Thanks again for sharing I've certainly gotten a couple more ideas from your pictures!

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry. Forgot to answer on the capacity of the trucks pictured. The truck with limb risers in the front is carrying 1650 gallons of water and 20 gallons of foam. The truck that is basically all aluminum is carrying 1850 gallons with 30 gallon foam cell. The shorter chassis is only carrying 1000 gallons.
1850 gal. Almost 8 tons just in water. What does all the gear weigh on top of the water weight? Have you used it off road yet? I'm curious how she performs with that much weight, and how it holds up over time. Military trucks are definitely underrated.

There are lots of good threads on brush trucks of all types, but I don't recall reading about expected service life. How long do departments keep surplus trucks in service?

insanejecke

Nice More pics and a video or 2 and like some crushing cars and running down brick walls. No lie they look like out of a movie or something. Zombies will fear your trucks for sure.

BrushMaster Builder

Good questions. Performance is fabulous and we have even ran up to 2000 gallons on a extended wheel base. M939s will do a 30 degree angle of approach and departure and 30 deggree side slope with 1650 gallons of water. We've got some performance video on our Youtube site but I'm not sure I can post that here can I? Also, on longevity, we upgrade and build these trucks to last 10-15 years depending on how far the department will let us go. All are tore down to frame rails when we start so it's basically a new truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks