• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Someone tried to steal my truck!

palmettopredator

I parked at the Clemson Boathouse and went to dinner with my family, girlfriend and her family for my college graduation. Came back to a driver-side lock that someone had jammed something into and destroyed and they tried to crank the motor. I have wired a manual glowplug switch and it took a good convincing to get the motor to turn over. They rummaged through everything inside but didn't take anything.

I make a motion to go back to swift justice, involving a tree and some rope.

palmettopredator-if that is the same clemson boathouse by lake hartwell, my cousin had his truck stolen from the same parking lot back in February. All that was found was broken glass and an empty parking spot...I'm only going to assume this is a habitual problem around there? It's bullsh$t to read and hear about stuff like this.

Darwin T

sorry to hear about that, but, glad the turds did not get it. just got my M1031 and would flip out if that happened to me. i had a fard 4x4 stollen when i was 17 and it took me 2 1/2 years to pay it off after it was stollen. i always make sure i have insurance now. but they don't sell flip out insurance. if this place has the same problem more than once check the owner or the staff. someone saw it and called their buddies.

K9Vic

Dumb criminal likely did not know it was a diesel or how easy it is to pop open the wing window.

How did they crank it over, was the ignition cylinder broken out, or already broken?

Woodsman

a simple baseball can work wonders on thieves.......in some countries.....hands are chopped off .....just to name a few consequences........
They could also fall down and hurt themselves too.:grin:

I've had a truck stolen before. It was found by the police in a nearby parking lot (a few days later) running. Apparently the thief's were in the process of jacking another vehicle and got caught. Still lost some handtools, etc.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me preface this by saying that booby traps are not lawful in most states but if one were to hook up a pepper spray device to de-odorize the truck. Just saying.

palmettopredator

The Boathouse is on Hartwell. It is a varsity athletics facility. There are 70 girls there throughout the day on the team roster and more than 100 walkers/runners. They had someone steal a digital camera and hard-drive out of one the coaches offices two days ago. It's really bad that a school is targeted.

WARWAG

My buddy had his VW van broken into in Santa Barbara. His fishing gear was stolen and an attempt to steal the van failed since it was inop at the time (he lived in a sail boat at the dock). We then spent an afternoon booby trapping the vans inside with treble hooks galore. A month later his neighbor came running down the dock banging on his boat. He said someone was stuck in his van and had asked him for help. When he arrived there were a few chunks of flesh still on some of the hooks and some were just missing. The ones I placed with steel lines were still there with the DNA evidence. You could tell the police officer didnt believe my friends explanation about the treble hooks just being part of his fishing gear. I later told him "Well they were part of your fishing gear! You were fishing for a$$holes!" I dont think he had any more issues with his van.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks