• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soni Honegger's custom HET / M920 hybrid

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know Soni's fantastic builds have been featured here before, but I found some pictures on fourwheeler.com that weren't shared here yet. It's a great build for those who love large MVs...

It started out life as a M920 tractor, he put an S-250 shelter on the back for a sleeper unit, and added a custom-built HET grille, along with dozens of other modifications, and viola! He uses this to tow his custom-built Scorpion offroad buggy, and camper trailer.

Take a look-see!

Attachments

Reactions: 98G

kbush

Soni is a very smart man. I know him through the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad which he is an engineer for and also now Manages.

KsM715

WOW Maddawg I was just searching for that truck the other day!! I knew I had seen "some sort of big military truck" with a shelter on the back. This was before I knew anything about MV's and SS. I cant believe you posted that. :-D Im sitting in Norman right now waiting to pick up my M818 tomorrow and I have an S250 at home, hhmmmmm Too bad the 818 isnt long enough

area52

I actually saw that thing a few months ago here in Farmington NM. I was in a hurry to get to work so I couldn't stop and drool over it. He lives not that far from here.

Militoy

Soni has definitely put together some awesome rigs! I haven't heard for certain yet, but I suspect Soni will be joining Preferred Chassis on the rocks again this year at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. 5 Scorpions showed up last year - but I had to leave early in the morning the day after Soni arrived - so I didn't really get a chance to ogle his truck. Maybe I can get a few close-up shots if he brings it next week. (Photo is from last year at Moab - Soni's Scorpion at left)

Attachments

Militoy

Here's a file shot of Soni's truck from our website:

I understand that the truck can be a little bit tough to bobtail, since he's re-powered with a Cummins Signature 600 engine, with 600 HP. Because of the increase in HP over the OEM engine, he swapped in a Fuller Road Rambler transmission - in place of the stock Cat Power Shift.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks