• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soon to own M101 A2

Ressoldier

Well Brown Santa(UPS) was good to me today and my Pintle receiver hitch just got here. I got my Curt receiver mount Pintle off Amazon for $51 so have been getting good deals last week. I still have two 101's in my Motorpool/ dirt lot awaiting turn in(all the rest have been turned in) so am going to be the kid and go hook up and pull one around the parking lot to see how it feels behind my small/mid sized SUV. I might even post a picture or two so I can see what my future combo will look like. Is it weird that I am this excited about a simple trailer purchase?

Ressoldier

I have a 98 4Runner on 33's with 3" lift, custon bumpers etc. etc. Waiting for the pictures to make it from my phone to my computer and will post one or two. Sits nice and level with the 235/85's. Now I am even more excited about getting mine. It may be a while before I get my trailer but of course will update with pictures of the recovery and trip home.

Attachments

Ressoldier

Well two days after my trip to Vegas I finally got my EUC cleared. Now to schedule a trip back out there to pick up my M101A2 from Nellis. Sure would have been nice to combine the two trips.

Should I post a new thread for the recovery or just keep this one going?

Ressoldier

I think for the recovery portion I will keep this thread going.

Harley- It will be a while before I start my build. To many things needing my money first. Tires for my tow rig, will get the new ones for trailer at same time or just keep two of the better ones for the trailer. A few other things and then on to the build.

Ratch

Your A2 will probably have better tires than the takeoffs from your truck... Every one I've ever seen has had near-new tires on it. They're a little taller and skinnier than I like, but still good.
Heck, I might just buy a few more A2's when I need tires for my Tahoe... :mrgreen:

Ressoldier

Ratch, I plan on putting matching rims and tires on my trailer later on. I will probably end up ruinning the ones that come on it for a while. I am on a very tight budget so it will move slowly.

Ressoldier

Recovery pick-up time of 1100hrs tomorrow. I will be leaving the house at 0600. It is a 265 mile drive each way from home to Nellis AFB. Plan is to pick-up trailer spend a good walk around PMCS, hook up lights then go have lunch before the long slow drive home. Truck with trailer 55mph speed limit heavily enforced in my area and with only a BOS I don't want to give them any reason to pull me over. I hope to get pictures posted tomorrow night of trailer and recovery trip after I get home.