• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for 5/8-18 thread wheel stud flange nuts?

coachgeo

So......Yes, I searched this forum, the internet, PM'd ...

... Looks like I need to start justifying my requests...
unfortunately your NOT in the norm to have searched first... thus the reactions. Good number of folk do as you proposed.... "mention that they have done search first..." Wise ones even ask for advice on search terms to use that may help lead them to the answer they seek.

glad folk had enough experience and/or personal archive to step up and help. Agree, kind of them.

ps- working toward putting the supplied sources into google shared parts spreadsheet for the next person. Has someone stepped up and started similar on the 939 or 923 forum? If not there's your next project?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Only 1 type of LMTV wheel can fit a 39/809/939 series truck. They are Titan brand. Accurate and Hutchinson brands use the same beadlock nut. However only the Titan is double tapered to allow lug nuts from either side.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ps- working toward putting the supplied sources into google shared parts spreadsheet for the next person. Has someone stepped up and started similar on the 939 or 923 forum? If not there's your next project?
Nice try but I recommend using the search function before posting a query (as was the advice given to me here). Wes has already done an amazing job of cross-listing most commercially available parts for the M939s in the old 5-ton forum (Mods- please move it and other relevant stickies to the new M939 forum). This link is always my first stop for parts numbers but I didn't see what I needed.

Last edited:

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only 1 type of LMTV wheel can fit a 39/809/939 series truck. They are Titan brand. Accurate and Hutchinson brands use the same beadlock nut. However only the Titan is double tapered to allow lug nuts from either side.
That is really good info I did not know. Luckily I bought the Titan ones- thanks!

spankybear

[snip] I specially was asking for a source of commercially available 5/8-18 flange nuts....[snip]
McMaster Carr is your friend. You may do better on price (not by much) but there are one stop for most all of your needs. Plus the years I have delt with them they are the best.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I mentioned before, we have an account with McMaster and they do a great job. They have slipped a bit because now you don't know the shipping costs and delivery until after you 'pay'. I've realized for small, lightweight items (gaskets, o-rings, etc.), it's easier and cheaper to not use them. My last order for $7 worth of washers with integrated o-ring ended up being a $15 charge on my credit card because of the $8 dollars shipping. The nuts I purchased on ebay were same price but had free priority shipping and no tax. Does it matter that much for the few bucks I saved using ebay? Not really but I have issues with 'buying' something then finding out later the unexpected costs in shipping.

------------------

Gringel- I respect and appreciate the decision to merge threads but i don't agree on this particular instance. LMTV wheels are also used on the older 5-tons and that's probably where this info is needed most instead of here. Either way is good and I thank you as I know herding us cats on the forums is a thankless job.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will note that the parts spreadsheets were designed to list parts that could be readily found locally. I.e. napa, O'Reillys. Not a place where you gotta wait a week for it to show up with the UPS man.

They do not list everything such at bolt/nut sizes cause in a pinch anything will work and a 5/8" fine thread nut can be found at any hardware store to fix it that day. Nor do does it list bolt sizes cause if you don't know bolt sizes by looking at it then you should put the wrench down and go back in the house imo.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... if you don't know bolt sizes by looking at it then you should put the wrench down and go back in the house imo.
Ha-ha, that recommendation... that is funny, Wes!:ROFLMAO:

I bet there are not many around here that could tell a 5/16" coarse thread from a M8*1.25; or a 3/8"-16 from a M10*1.5; or a 1/2"-13 (UNC)) from a 1/2"-12 (BSW), to name a few examples - just by looking at them. Even less without holding both, side-by-side.

But yes, I know what you meant with it.... ;)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ha-ha, that recommendation... that is funny, Wes!:ROFLMAO:

I bet there are not many around here that could tell a 5/16" coarse thread from a M8*1.25; or a 3/8"-16 from a M10*1.5; or a 1/2"-13 (UNC)) from a 1/2"-12 (BSW), to name a few examples - just by looking at them. Even less without holding both, side-by-side.

But yes, I know what you meant with it.... ;)
I've gotten spoiled G. The 915 doesn't even have fine thread bolts on it. Not too many cuss words being said involving carc paint and fine thread bolts

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, times have changed obviously. To think that they used Grade 8 bolts, 3/8"-24 to even hold the wiring harness of a M35 in place...!

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is a bit of a surprise with the eBay flange nuts (12301125)...100 for $50... they are smaller.
yes the thread is correct BUT the eBay specials are 4mm shorter and 2 mm narrower.. beware20210926_094029.jpg

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is a bit of a surprise with the eBay flange nuts (12301125)...100 for $50... they are smaller.
yes the thread is correct BUT the eBay specials are 4mm shorter and 2 mm narrower.. bewareView attachment 846366
FYI.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks