• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South bound!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, The wife just received a text from Gimpy, that they are loading up at Jim Henry's and headed home in a bit.

Chief1900

It was nice to meet Gimpy and Oilcan Sunday. First guys I have actually met in person from the site. Hope you guys got home safe with little trouble. You guys had a big list of parts to pick-up. May need to bring a trailer next time. Heading out to D.C. in a bit, hope to catch up with this thread when I get back and see some of your pics from the rest of the trip.:driver:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, at 2pm he texted that they were on I-40.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess the belts are holding up? Hey John, how are you getting the poles to SC? He was supposed to bring a few sets for myself and Devilman96. I'm hoping they get closer IE, your place!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update,

Text at 7pm, in Tennesee

Text at 9pm, on I-75 north

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update,

Text at 10:40pm, in Kentucky

No mention of belt problems

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, I just read this http://www.steelsoldiers.com/milita...lp-needed-near-london-kentucky-3-31-09-a.html

JWC posted last night they are brokedown about 160 miles from home. They need parts! Help is needed.

Gimpyrobb and Oilcan are about 160 miles from home, but are broken down. Reportedly have a front wheel bearing exploded?!?! They are at exit 38, Northbound Interstate 75, near London, KY.

If anyone is nearby, and can help, please pm or email me. They will need inner and outer wheel bearings, seals, grease, brake cleaner, maybe brake drum for M35.

Jeff

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update

Text 7:20 am, JWC is headed their way to help. But they still need some help. Read the other thread.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, the other thread says they have made it home!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We ended up bursting the driver's side front inner wheel bearing right after we crossed into Ky. Spent the night in the deuce cab with eleventy million watt light bulbs shining in the window. Got up and called some parts places. Got an inner bearing and put it on the original race that looked like brail. The outer was shot but nobody had one, so we cleaned it up and packed them with grease. Re-installed and headed home praying. Then I noticed the water temp was 480*. Pulled over, water in the radiator wasn't boiling, we could touch the motor without burning off out finger prints, put the cap back on and headed home. ! stop between there and home for fuel. I need to eat and catch up on the sleep I missed out on. Jim Henry was GREAT, helped us so much I could not believev it. I thank everyone else on the site for helping us too. Thank you, and good night.

oilcan

Ugh. I just got back to the shack about an hour ago. The doggie was very happy to see me. :-D

Gimp, I hate you and all that... When did you say we were going back to NC? I'll be there!

I'm still too tired to write anything about this big goat rope, but I do have pics.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Glad to see you made it home safe, I can crash guilt free now. Where was that s250 supposed to fit? Guess I was smoking crack.

Alredneck

Banned
Good job fellas, sounds like a good trip, Murphy makes everything interesting!:-D I got a letter in the mail to ya Gimp ( with what we talked on the phone about ) should get it in a couple days. Sorry it took so long been real busy trying to get the M54 done up right with the pile of parts I had lying around. Get some rest cause it may not be long before your next adventure! Captain

oilcan

The s250 might fit on the tailgate if you have enough of that crack to go around. Just a note for future reference... TM's and tape measaures compliment each other nicely!

Seriously though, it was great to meet everyone, and I'm sorry I wasn't 100%. I was sick thursday and left for gimp's on friday with ZERO sleep. Then between friday and sunday, I doubt I got more than 10 minuites of sleep at any one time. Exhausting, but I'd do it all again, and most likely will.

Anyhoo, more pics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks