• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sparta M923 recovery and trip home

Hoefler

Sounds good. Glad you made it home with no issues. On the batteries-try a desulfator before you chuck the batteries. Do them one at a time and see if you can get them to charge after conditioning. I have saved a few batteries by conditioning them-it might be with doing with the truck holding four batteries. You heater motor must have worked!
My 2 to 1 downshift is harsh. My buddies 923 was harsh too. I will be changing out the fluid to ATF-so hope it will smooth out a bit.
I found a brand new trailer manual in the container attached to rear of fold down seat-look inside and maybe you will find a prize.
Sounds like you got a nice truck.
Pete:razz:

Attachments

Chain-Saw

Forgot to report back after I got my toolbox open... Waited till I got back from vacation, spent 20 minutes with a cutoff wheel on my $8.99 HF Dremel-type tool. Got half-way through the hasp and then bent it open enough to finish it off with my el-cheapo 16" bolt cutters. Long story short, I spent the next week sulking because it was completely empty when I got it open!!!
But,,, then I remembered that I hadn't looked in the smaller tool-box under the passenger door yet. DOH!! There I found the following: Bottle jack, lug wrench & handle, Full first aid kit, Chain-fall hoist for spare tire davit, Tool roll with large and small crescents, pliers, screw drivers & assorted sockets. Not bad. :whistle:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that is funny to have the empty box locked and all the tools in the unlocked box.
Nice find!!!!
:funny:

BlipOnTheRadar

Hey guys? Newb here, so this might be a bit of a dence moment, but when I drove a truck, many of the 5x5 transmitions I drove were not a syncro'd shift. Meaning, if you try while rolling for first gear, you got a huge clunk and a lurch when everythign went together. The trick was to either no clutch the shift, just come down in RPM to very low in second, then with a quick off, tap the throttle and a quick flip, find first. Crazy tricky. Or you came to a stop in second, then with clutch burried on the floor, floated the shifter forward into first. Again, this is a newb question I am sure, but is it possible?

Any 5 ton owners in texas? I want to pick your brain a bit about licencing and the like before I buy my SS...

Old Dog...