• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer Cable / Jerking Needle

Action

3.08 gear ratio in diffs
the speedo gear color matches the number of teeth, so there is only one color for a given number.
I have no clue what the number is. The part number given in the -387-24p manula should be correct. I would look and see if that is in your t/c before you order anything.

cg25713

Hey Ya'll. Still stumped. I removed and checked the elbow gear adapter and the red gear inside the t-case - yes it is red. All looked perfect. I cleaned, lightly lubricated and reinstalled. At 20 it seems close to accurate but at 30 and 40 its still 5-6 mph fast.

I have one more question for those in the know. The adapter, or part #20 in Figure 421 of TM 9-2320-280-24P-2, has four equally spaced notches in the top to accommodate the half circle clip that holds it down (part #23 in the same diagram). This means the adapter can only be held by the half circle clip at two different positions. I have heard the term "clocked" and I see the gear numbers on the top of the adapter - can someone briefly explain this further?

Action

If there are 4 notches, then it can be clocked in 4 positions.
dont use -280 manuals for your truck. You want the -387 series.

cg25713

I've tried but its tough. Even with the adapter out. Thanks for all you're help. I'll try to look for the mark and maybe get some different gears to experiment with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks