• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spentshell got his M35A2 home safe & sound. Videos Added

IRWFO

I won't steal his thunder but everything went smooth. I'll leave all the details for him. The best part was when Rich popped the clutch when the transporter was pulling him out of it's parking spot and the old girl fired right up. I took a lot of pictures and video. I'll have both posted soon. I just wanted to add that Underdog Towing is a first rate company. They were on-time and totally know what they were doing. I highly recommend them for anyone needing transport in the North-East.

Attachments

Cdub

Re: Spentshell got his M35A2 home safe & sound.

IRWFO said:
I just wanted to add that Underdog Towing is a first rate company. They were on-time and totally know what they were doing. I highly recommend them for anyone needing transport in the North-East.
I'm very glad things worked out well........and I'm sure that Underdog Towing made that happen for ya..........

OUTSTANDING..............!!!

I'm looking forward to more pic....

Cheers,

C'dub

spentshell

I would love to post some pics but my 2 buddies took all the pics and havent sent me even 1 picture yet . there killing me, but I did play with the truck today charged the dead batteries cranked her up and she runs perfect, everything works except one headlight and the low air buzzer, otherwise im in heaven on OD clouds. The only thing that hurts is someone crushed in the hard top and the hood is pushed in a little no biggie. Tires look good. Im a happy camper. IRWFO even has video you guys are killing me.

Cdub

Wow.......do those pic bring back some memories.........yep same Landoll trailer

Lets see if you can carefully remove the black paint over the bumpers on the rear
and see who the truck used to belong to...??

Best Wishes and Good luck with the new toy,

C'dub

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

FormerNewMVGuy

Very nice :beer: you did well on that one! also No.2 diesel and his brother are on long island,Great guys, and very knowledgable about MV's 8)
Good luck and have fun!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you taped over the exhaust pipe.. The incoming air WILL turn the turbo, and it doesnt like being without oil when turning..............

spentshell

I HAVE THE NUMBERS OFF THE TRUCK,JUST GOT BACK FROM A SNEAK TEST DRIVE. 28-728MSB ON THE FRONT BUMBER WITH A E22 ALSO ON THE FRONT BUMBER, THERE IS ALSO A 8 THAT IS CIRCLED ON THE PASSENGER DOOR.

ah1955

emmado22 said:
I hope you taped over the exhaust pipe.. The incoming air WILL turn the turbo, and it doesnt like being without oil when turning..............

If your trucker knew what he was doing he would have taped the stack. To a heavy eqpt. hauler that is S.O.P. the same as chaining his load down as soon as the machine is on the trailer out comes the roll of duct tape, after all the driver is responsable for his freight.

spentshell

I had no idea about the turbo, guess the tow guy didnt either, unless he was lazy but other than that the service was great.I better do a little more reading about the turbo. I did notice im supposed to run the truck less than 1000 rpms for a while upon starting for the turbo and to bring it up to temp but it wants to idle at 1000 rpms and when i kick it down gentily it idles at around 800 but climbes right back to 1000. The hand throttle is all the way in. Would this have something to do with an adjustment on the injector pump?

Cdub

spentshell said:
I had no idea about the turbo, guess the tow guy didnt either, unless he was lazy but other than that the service was great.I better do a little more reading about the turbo. I did notice im supposed to run the truck less than 1000 rpms for a while upon starting for the turbo and to bring it up to temp but it wants to idle at 1000 rpms and when i kick it down gentily it idles at around 800 but climbes right back to 1000. The hand throttle is all the way in. Would this have something to do with an adjustment on the injector pump?
Now it sounds like it's time to invest in the ALL of the manuals and do all the reading and research you can about your new toy.

Easy, just start from page one and your on your way.

Also, Drain all the fluids and change all the filters and drain that fuel tank as well....Lube everything that moves. Push every button, turn every dial, flip every switch no mater how unimportant it may seem. These trucks need to be worked.

When ever I'm not working on Sharleen I'm reading the manuals.

Learn all you can Be all you can...!!!

Cheers,

C'dub

tenmilebay

Forgive me if I mess up for this is my first post. Very nice looking truck. What caught my eye was the shipper (underdog) for I need my truck moved down the east coast from N.C. to Ga. and was wondering if yall could help me with some haulers. tmb

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks