• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spicer 3053a seals n gaskets

DavidWymore

When I did mine, I sourced my bearings from the list and one didn't fit...tom told me there was something about a suffix in the number, but I can't find the conversation.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did your transmission shift well before?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did mine, I sourced my bearings from the list and one didn't fit...tom told me there was something about a suffix in the number, but I can't find the conversation.
Tom was right... (but then never said a word?): there is (was) a mistake in that list and I'm very sorry for not discovering this any sooner...:oops:

An "E" is (was) missing, behind the number RNU207... (Item DD); the correct number is RNU207E.
The difference between both is (only!) 0.2mm in the I.D..., all other dimensions are the same. Clearly the reason why you couldn't fit the countershaft in...

Funny (and sad) thing is that I knew it - and had posted about this, eleven years ago (!), here...

I have now edited that list, accordingly.

My apologies for anyone who bought a wrong bearing, because of this...! (... things like this should NOT happen within our own group, with so much well-checked and reliable info at hand!)

And thank you David for bringing this up here, right on time!

G.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
well that syncro is clearly very bad. i would be concerned about the mating gear. the bearing i use for that location is a M1207EL.

I thought so too G it looks half gone on one side so just gonna replace both all the gears looked ok.Thank all of you for this.Tom do you see any other concerns?

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
what input shaft seal are you referencing? usually the oil leak from the front is bad bearing, loose retainer, no gasket, drain hole blocked, etc. even though a seal seems like a good idea i have never had one leak in 25 years unless there was a problem.

expeditionnw

I have the same issue with my truck that developed right before I went to sell it. Stupid truck :)

Front seal is leaking, causing clutch to slip.

Hey OP, Did you replace your disc?

M35tom, whats the tolerance allowed on front input shaft play? IE, how to determine if bearing is bad. That is my concern that bearing is bad, as that seems an unlikely seal to leak on its own.

ALso OP, How did you drop the trans?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have the same issue with my truck that developed right before I went to sell it. Stupid truck :)

Front seal is leaking, causing clutch to slip.

Hey OP, Did you replace your disc?

M35tom, whats the tolerance allowed on front input shaft play? IE, how to determine if bearing is bad. That is my concern that bearing is bad, as that seems an unlikely seal to leak on its own.

ALso OP, How did you drop the trans?
There really shouldn't be any play once the trans is installed. The pilot bushing(in the flywheel) should eliminate any play.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks