• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on upgrade, is there a primary oil filter?

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so I added the spin on filter set for my duece and installed it today. When I went to get the 6 micron filter they only had one so I decided to get one six micron and one 12 micron filter. I am curious which filter the oil goes thru first. Is it the one closer to the cab or the front of the truck? Just this way I can put the 12 micron one on first so it can do its job then on to the 6 micron to further filter it.

plym49

You might get less overall flow with two 6's. I wonder if a 6 and a 12 is not a bad idea. Almost like having a full-flow filter and a bypass filter - assuming that the motor is getting enough volume of oil. But it should flow more volume with a 12 and a 6 than twin 6's.

plym49

Do you think two 6's is to much restriction? I just want to have the best filtering I can.
I don't know. But in general, a full-flow filter is more 'open' so that the bearings, etc. get plenty of flow and a bypass filter that can be as fine as you'd like can be added.

The filters will bypass at a certain pressure differential, so I guess that 6 micron filters could clog more quickly, triggering bypass (and no filtering at all).

LovinPSDs

Where is everyone getting these spin on kits? I've been searching the forums for a vendors section but can't find it. Is there a vendor that sells alot of mods/parts for these trucks? I'm hoping to pick one up this weekend!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks