• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on upgrade, is there a primary oil filter?

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so I added the spin on filter set for my duece and installed it today. When I went to get the 6 micron filter they only had one so I decided to get one six micron and one 12 micron filter. I am curious which filter the oil goes thru first. Is it the one closer to the cab or the front of the truck? Just this way I can put the 12 micron one on first so it can do its job then on to the 6 micron to further filter it.

plym49

You might get less overall flow with two 6's. I wonder if a 6 and a 12 is not a bad idea. Almost like having a full-flow filter and a bypass filter - assuming that the motor is getting enough volume of oil. But it should flow more volume with a 12 and a 6 than twin 6's.

plym49

Do you think two 6's is to much restriction? I just want to have the best filtering I can.
I don't know. But in general, a full-flow filter is more 'open' so that the bearings, etc. get plenty of flow and a bypass filter that can be as fine as you'd like can be added.

The filters will bypass at a certain pressure differential, so I guess that 6 micron filters could clog more quickly, triggering bypass (and no filtering at all).

LovinPSDs

Where is everyone getting these spin on kits? I've been searching the forums for a vendors section but can't find it. Is there a vendor that sells alot of mods/parts for these trucks? I'm hoping to pick one up this weekend!!!