• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sprag to Airshift conversion question....

Wozdirt

This is a bit of a hijack of this thread but along the same lines...

I recently swapped out a sprag t-case and installed a used air shift unit.
Everything went pretty smoothly, but now I can hear a very noticeable gear whine on accel and decel. I'm pretty sure its coming from the used airshift case. ( I don't think I ever heard any noise coming from the sprag unit)

I'm considering pulling them both apart and trying to use as much as I can from the sprag t-case and the remainder of the air shift parts in hopes of quieting this thing down?

Any thoughts on whether this might be succesful?

RAYZER

i had a noticeable gear wine but it was coming from my trans, i changed out the gear oil out with some new gl1 and the wine went away.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm considering pulling them both apart and trying to use as much as I can from the sprag t-case and the remainder of the air shift parts in hopes of quieting this thing down?
Wozdirt, the way I read posts #11 and 12 by FMJ, that is exactly what he did. I could be wrong......

Rick