• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spray can bedliner on bumpers

rjinga

Has anyone ever seen, or used, spray can bedliner on a CUCV bumper/grill guard? I saw it uses on the after-market bumpers of a later model Blazer on a 4x4 TV show, and it looked interesting.

rorybellows

ive done it to my nissan. you can paint over it too. herculiner fades really fast.

i actually have herc on the grill insert and rear bumper and i used the duplicolor spray can on the front. spray can has more even coverage, but noi chunkies like the herc. i woulda' used the herc, but the stuff sealed itself in.:(

K9Vic

That is not a bad idea, would be interesting to see that as well.

You can always line the whole truck, would make it easy to clean and not worry about scratching it. There are a few places in Dallas/Fort Worth that do this with new Jeeps, but it is really expensive.

Mac53

I had an old CJ7 that was heavily modified.... AMC360, 14bolt read on 3pt, 36" Super Swampers, etc..... Had a lot of random rhino (or something) lining inside and out.....was really pretty awesome with a truck that was always getting beat up and muddy....I could just open the doors and house the inside + outside out at once. Great grip if you need to stand on the outside of your vehicle while its muddy. I don't have a CUCV, but I can't imagine it being any less useful on one.

zout

Herculiner gets rock hard - the rubberized bedliner coating you are probably absoutely correct on.

My bed of the 105 trailer is all Herculiner and takes a beating and has not chipped at all - it is painted over as well.

A

A/C Cages

When Grant gets done building my Bobber it will be painted bumper to bumper in Herculiner Bed Liner. After that I will have the camo paint job put on it. It might be expensive but I know it will last thru anything. I used it on one of my sandrails before and it was beat to death and never chipped the paint.

Darwin T

i have not put it on my M1028A2/3, however, i did the front and rear ends on my M109a3. rustolium rattle can from wal-mart. i ended up needing a lot. i would buy it online by the case if i was going to do it again. i will probably do my M1028A2/3 when i add a winch.

Attachments

Darwin T

Would/did you spray the D rings too?
yes that is in the plans. just tape the holes so it does not get in and cause problems putting in the pins. here is a set i did for one of my other trucks. it isnot a close up though. i also taped the pins and just sprayed the ends so it would match and still go in the hole.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

That's an idea. My front shackles vibrate against the bumper and through the paint. I could make a little square of herculiner to cushion the shackles.

rorybellows

Could this stuff (hurcliner) be used in the wheel well as sound deadener?
ive heard of people doing plastidip or plasticoat, or somethin like that. i have never used the stuff so idk. i think the only problem you might have using herc or whatever on a wheel would be getting an even enough coat as not to affect balance. but at the same time, on larger tires it doesnt really matter. go for it

oops never mind, epitts.

Last edited:

Taerkaster

I wouldnt spray the D-rings, prolly best to powdercoat them so they remain functional when the time comes you need to use them. Ive had bad luck with hurculiner in the past. Started delaminating a little after a year of application and the surface was prepped spotless... My new truck im just gonna take it in to Linex to get the cab/bed done, brushguard, and maybe the lower half of the body. Anyone spray the body with bedliner? how well does that work?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks