• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spray-on bedliner used to paint a MV?

...I found a picture of a truck on the internet that has an awesome paint scheme. The truck is owned by a business in KS and I'm going to "copy" their paint scheme. View attachment 436236
FYI, The truck is from a company, MREDEPOT, you can find them on eBay. I bought my 5Ton from him, GREAT person / company! ALL of their trucks they spray like that, always with the 850 MP BN on the bumpers. The beds, interiors bumpers etc... are all sprayed with the liner. Mine has held up real well sitting outside all winter in the North Dakota winter. That tan / black paint schemer is what caught my eye first, then the 53" tires, then I had to have it. That's how it all started, tan and black paint job and now, 5Ton, 3 cucv and a bobbed deuce later... :)

I am redoing a deuce and I used bed liner on the floor of the deuce. I used Raptor bed liner, it is a two part system and you can tint it. A kit with 4 bottles and spray gun runs about $120 and I only used two for the deuce cab. The kit is the size for a long bed pickup.
I think I am going to do the deuce bed also.
I bought the same product, now just waiting to spray it in, how is it holding up for you? I wanted to do the underside as well as the interior... Did you notice a difference as far as sound or installation value? I was going to pull all the metal tunnels off and spray them both sides then re install them. Going to dig and see if you have some more pics :) This is the look I want

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the same product, now just waiting to spray it in, how is it holding up for you? I wanted to do the underside as well as the interior... Did you notice a difference as far as sound or installation value? I was going to pull all the metal tunnels off and spray them both sides then re install them. Going to dig and see if you have some more pics :) This is the look I want
It is holding up just fine. I did not notice any difference in the sound or instllation value, But I think there would be some.
I did not do the under side of the cab, but I am thinking of doing the under side of the finders.
Good luck with the job and post some pics.

ntxcop

Almost Complete

After changing the lower rear main seal, I was able to finally get started with applying the Monstaliner. The Monstaliner comes in two parts that have to be mixed together. This stuff is THICK, almost like tar. The kit comes with a stir paddle to mix it with. After mixing, I rolled it onto the truck. I started with the front bumper and the nose. I moved on to the front tire wells, the tool box, battery box, gas tank, and since I had the seats out of the truck (from dropping the transmission), I did the floor tub as well. This stuff was easy to apply and looks great. I'm not a professional, this is the first time I've used a product like this, so there are a few places where I got a little zealous and applied it a too thick, but over all, I'm happy with the outcome. I wish I could afford to use one of the color kits and do the entire truck in it, but funds are limited, and I needed the truck completed so I could use it in a parade this weekend. I still need to paint the interior of the cab, and apply stenciled markings to the truck. I'm debating over putting a STAR or a CHEVRON on the doors. I went into the ARMY in 1988, so Desert Storm was my era. But, I like the look of the STAR too. Decisions, decisions..... Here are picture of what I've done so far!

Attachments

ntxcop

More Pictures

Here are some more pictures of the truck. I plan on replacing the wood on the troop seats and rails, but won't have time before this weekend, so I just put a quick coat of paint on it to get through the parade. The last four pictures are what the truck looked like when I purchased it in April!

Attachments

ntxcop

What kind of seat is that in your truck ?
It's the HUMVEE seat that a lot of people have been selling here on SS. They come 2 seats to a set, one seat has the springer base and the other is just the seat. I removed the old driver seat from it's springer base, and attached the new seat to the base, and mounted it in the passanger side. Then I installed the HUMVEE seat that has the base mounted on it, for the driver's seat. I don't have pics of the completed interior yet, but I'll get some up soon.

Aswayze

We have been using the cheap Duplicolor truck bed liner from O'Rielly Auto Parts on our vehicles at East Wind for a few years now.

We needed an anti-skid paint that was not so prone to wearing off all the time and of course were intrigued with the idea of killing a little noise while we were at it.

We've had excellent results from the stuff and the cost is QUITE reasonable.

We just buy it in black, put it on with a disposable brush being sure to sort of nap at it to get a good texture. We let it cure overnight, then paint right over it with the usual paint (in our case RAPCO/Gillesipee)

Here's a few pics from a recent M151A2 overhaul:

Mutt bed truck bed liner.jpg

Bedliner on in it's normal black state. Stagg's priming a few spots in the background getting ready to shoot the MERDC 4 color on the next day.

Mutt bed MERDC.jpg

The following day, the paint is on and curing.

We've found the stuff to be pretty hard wearing and rarely if ever need to retouch the outer paint.

WRMorrison

I am redoing a deuce and I used bed liner on the floor of the deuce. I used Raptor bed liner, it is a two part system and you can tint it. A kit with 4 bottles and spray gun runs about $120 and I only used two for the deuce cab. The kit is the size for a long bed pickup.
I think I am going to do the deuce bed also.
I haven't tried it on the deuce, but I used Raptor Liner on the entire interior of my Jeep about 2 years ago. I run topless/doorless about 9 months out of the year, and those that have been to AZ know that the sun KILLS just about everything out here. The liner still looks new. I used black, but they also sell it in a tintable version that you add whatever base color you want to it. 383 liner that lasts; there 'ya go...

Plus, it comes with it's own spray gun in the price of the kit. One kit allowed me to put a couple good coats in the Jeep (4 door JK), rear bumper & fenderwells. I had a little left over, so I doubled-up on the high-wear areas like footwells in the front. I'm satisfied enough with it that I'll be buying more to do the inside of my doors and a new front bumper on the same Jeep. It's textured a bit, but not rubbery at all; cures hard.

lined1.jpglined2.jpglined3.jpg

-WRM

Yarz

There is another liner with tinting abilities that I came across on a Jeep forum. It's called Monstaliner. I used it (in black) on the interior of my Jeep, but there are plenty of people that have used it on the outside as well. It's easy to roll on, or can be sprayed too. They say it's UV stable, and even have a color listed as WWII OD.

ntxcop

Aswayze and WRMorrison , Both of your rides look great. I was curious about painting over it, but ended up painting over some of the corners and it seemed to work just fine. Yarz, I ended up using Monstaliner. It went on pretty easily, I'm happy with it so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks