• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

srodocker

hehehe. i still have to paint the interior of the cab top got like a 1/4 of the way when i realized i had to catch a ferry boat. i put the cargo cover on so quick...then i pushed the ol'girl to her limits in cornering...and thankfully the air horn is loud as i hit it a cpl times going to the last cpl turns towards the ferry and they held the gates open for me :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hehehe. i still have to paint the interior of the cab top got like a 1/4 of the way when i realized i had to catch a ferry boat. i put the cargo cover on so quick...then i pushed the ol'girl to her limits in cornering...and thankfully the air horn is loud as i hit it a cpl times going to the last cpl turns towards the ferry and they held the gates open for me :)
I can see it now....

Headline: OLD ARMY TRUCK MAKES CROSSING WITHOUT FERRY
Too much speed + Too much air horn = Too little reserve air pressure for Air-over-hydraulic brakes ==== END RESULT: One hydroplaning deuce and a half crossing the pond after the ferry already departed its slip..... Film at 11 :jumpin:
Bad Visual.... BAD VISUAL - go away... GO AWAY! MAKE THE BAD DREAMS GO AWAY!!!!!

ABN173

Hahaha We should have had a PNW rally at the car show in Steilacoom park today, Scott even won an award, but I'll him tell us about that.

Alex400

I can see it now....

Headline: OLD ARMY TRUCK MAKES CROSSING WITHOUT FERRY
Too much speed + Too much air horn = Too little reserve air pressure for Air-over-hydraulic brakes ==== END RESULT: One hydroplaning deuce and a half crossing the pond after the ferry already departed its slip..... Film at 11 :jumpin:
Bad Visual.... BAD VISUAL - go away... GO AWAY! MAKE THE BAD DREAMS GO AWAY!!!!!
He needs some 66" tractor tires to make him float! pull out the hand throttle and let her rip. I give it 4-6 mph tops. lol

srodocker

thanks jinx. well went to a car show today to check out the cars and walked by the person letting the cool cars in. she said oh yea people are still registering...so i said hey i have something to enter. walked to the store grabbed the entry fee and brought the old girl in. didnt even turn the truck off before people came walking up to me.

I just loved talking about the history of the trucks and explaining the multifuel and all that. dale came over and handed me the unit stencils im going to put on *THANKS DALE* and he looked over the truck. we had to go register so dale stayed behind *sorry about that* and answered questions. what was funny was the older lady asked which car was mine and i pointed and said the big green thing and she laughed and thought it was the army displaying something.

walked around and saw the sweet cars and i had to go make sure the transfer case was in neutral so as i leaned in tons more people gathered and asked questions hehehe. i came back to the truck around 3 as they were doing all the prizes and i got the next generation award as im the youngest guy there to participate. which is awesome. the judge came up to me afterwords and wanted me to bring it to some more shows but i had something planned everyday he told me hahahah.

as we were leaving the show a poker run of bikers came and had more questions from them as they were parking right in front of the truck hehehe. 2 middle aged gentlemen were walking by and were saying the new trucks have nothing on the old deuce and a half. all in all i think the people loved the multifuel concept hehe.

so when we were driving home we had a couple of firsts, i had a semi filled with liquid nitrogen pull next to me at a stop light and yell "want to race" i laughed and just chugged along. next one was as i was driving a city street at 25mph a guy in a small little ricer pulled up next to me and asked if i was military i responded with no and he said my truck is badass! hahaha and he sped away. then a 2 for one special i went and got coffee before the car show and had a car swing in and started taking tons of pics and of course got thumbs up from them, and finally these kids were having a car wash but my paint is still kind of soft so i declined and they didnt seem happy about that.

very eventful weekend and to top it off less then a block from my appartments i had a fuel line blow out...mmm diesel so im going to grab some breakfast and fix it later with the gf :)

the gf has helped with this truck so much and even helped unload at dans house yesterday and then put some new weather seal around my doors as i got the heavystuff with dan. i think she was more excited about winning a plaque then i was heheh

Attachments

wsucougarx

Congrats Scott to you and your girl (your real girl:) ). I was wondering if we should get all the PNW SS together for the Logger's Playday parade in Hoquiam. Scott, your girl (your truck) is looking better and better each time I see her (err, your truck). Not sure what else you have up your sleeves, but I like your style8)

srodocker

Whens the parade in hoquiam? oh i was at dans house last night and the ideas continued to flow. we have some sweet ideas in the works. not much else will get done before the rally but after i think i have some sweet things that will be getting done. and hopefully i can start on my trailer

AN/ARC186

Good going on the Award! Even better going on the girlfriend who likes the truck and is helping work on it!!

Now we just need to work on you wardrobe...........:mrgreen:

Here you go Scotty! 2" unit markings and 1" for the TP/diesel. 5 minutes and a rattle can and she will be up to spec
So, I know this is kind of an old post to be asking about, but Scott talking about getting them at the car show made me think about it again.

What do the unit markings stand for, and what does the "TP-50" mean as well?

Good job on the stencils, Dale. You do great work in card stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks