• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

Boy I hope he'not sluffing! If he doesn't have them on I'm bringing some vinyl stencils myself and renaming that particular "Deuce", ABN173 and AN/ARC186! Any ideas on another name? Or do you suppose he'll be motivated to get those Unit markings,etc on!! Hmmmm HHD 17 19th AVN BN,USARAL, with the truck named "Cheechako"! I've seen those markings somewhere. He'd better get with the program, I arrive at Black Diamond the 9th off July

ABN173

ok he said the wooden sides in bed are finished, and he did the stenciling.........now if we could just get him to post the pics

srodocker

so...not many pics as i said. pic taker backed out of the parade...but driving it around the island was tons of fun! hauled some peeps in the back and such. the parade was awesome. so my door latch on my passenger side isnt working sometimes so as we just started to roll or the parade not even enough time to get it in 2nd low the gf goes to throw candy the door pops open in front of everypone and she sat there dangling...after i pulled her up i was laughing so hhharrd hahahh. ran out of candy real quick and it was very fun. there was one another m35a2 there from PSVCC and the blue m37 which i cant remember the gentlemens name. my hand isnt quite worlking today so its really really hard to time i cant feel both hands hrm..2 shows 2 weekends...another show next weekend and then the convoy!

ok so first 2 pics are of me on the ferry boat. i had to pull in the mirrors and my left side dualies were rubbing the curb...3rd pic is the narrows bridge in the background.

the last pic is what i noticed after the parade. it may have happened on the island. i was able to get ahold of ed and he stated it was a slobber tube so i will be picking up a hose maybe today for it. its a pipe next to the turbo on the right that points straight down.

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Very nice! I don't see what's wrong with the slobber tube... I guess it is neater to put a hose one it, but they normally didn't have a hose on it.

ABN173

Guys my PM box was full so I started deleting stuff, one of you from the PNW had requested some stencils from me. I no longer have the PM with with the information so if you still need these by the rally send me another PM.......Thanks in advance.

-Dale

Edit: It was Varyrag, he resent me the infomation anyone else? Last call! since I will be going to the shop where the stencil machine is this Friday or Monday.

Last edited:

srodocker

oooo a stencil order :) was wonder if i can get the stencil for crossfire? and one that says hunk o junk. which is for my trailer when i ever get around to it...

thanks a ton dale...when am i taking you out for pizza?

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Looking good Scott.
When you do get a hose, get one long enough to snake back past the cab of the truck. Cuts down on slobber tube perfume when cruising. A wise older guy in McKenna told me about this trick:)
Or you could plumb it into the exhaust, or route it through a CCV unit like this. Either of those options would also eliminate the need to re-route the slobber tube up to the snorkel if you ever want to install a fording kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks