• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS hacked!?

USAWEAPON777

Hey guys, I've noticed as of late the hack that had previously affected the forum is back. When I click steel soldiers say off of google half the time I get redirected to that fraudulent page. Anyone else having problems? I already dumped my cache and cookies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was not aware that it was ever fixed in the first place.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WAS fixed, but then had other problems, so things were put back to square one, but right after all the POWERS of the UNIVERSE moved and the old chat came back. :cookoo:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah before I was on SS I used to get that dang survey page. Even now when I click on a google search that is directed to SS it goes to the same survey page.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a design flaw implemented by a hall monitor bully. You would know this if you used the SEARCH feature or read the TM. Lube your keyboard with GL1 and you shouldn't have any more problems.

:driver:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I want to know is WHY would you need to get to SS via Google? SS is always open on my computer 24/7/365.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
IT WAS FIXED, then other site problems came up because of the fix so things had to be put back like it was, a new and better SS is supposed to be in the works, till then you have to live with the redirect, I don't have that problem, I have SS on my desk top, just a click away

USAWEAPON777

I know it was fixed that's why I said it was back. Its not really an issue I was just curious to the state of the situation. I look forward to any forum updates

dmetalmiki

you might try this

Open Internet Exploer the press (together) control - shift- p type steel soldiers .com when the page opens (and it will!) save to favourites. then there after click ss in favs. should be one way traffic for you then.

ALL my settings are private, no jeeves google wimmy wammy whatever. Blank page at start up. and all else Blocked. so the top bar peeps sometimes and (hints (in print)) I.E. or whatever is TRYING to desperatley load my computer with junk files add on's and malware please click here..yeah..I'm sure. no way.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

After Thought.

ALL a computer could ever need, Advance System Care (Free version) COMODO firewall (Free) Avast Antivirus (Free) All good concise programs who's setting will STOP stuff re- directing and give you the option to allow - dissallow. Hope this helps a few members out , without rocket science/difficulty

100acre

shortcut

just right click on the ss main page and select create shortcut and it will place a shortcut on your desktop so u wont have to go thru any search engines anymore:grin:

Chief_919

It is a serious issue. This site ranks very well on Google, and lots of people searching for answers about their trucks will see a search result for this site.

Then when they click on it, they get redircted to a spam site.

It is a serious issue, and I am 100% certain it is hurting the site. It kills ad revenue by lowering traffic, and it slows the rate of new membership. If you had a new MV and were looking for help, but when you clicked on this websites link in Google you found you went to a spam website, would you join this site, or ever click another link to it? I wouldn't.

That it hasn't been fixed is just pure laziness and shows that. I love this site, and I have a $100 donation waiting for operating expenses, but I want to see that it will be used toward making the site better, and when this simple issue hasn't been fixed (a little research shows it isn't a complicated fix and all responsibel board admins have long ago fixed it) I don't have confidence my money will be well spent.

In fact the more I see this site stay negleted, the more I am certain that pretty soon another website will pop up that steals the membership and initiative.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
it is a serious issue. This site ranks very well on google, and lots of people searching for answers about their trucks will see a search result for this site.

Then when they click on it, they get rediercted to a spam site.

It is a serious issue, and i am 100% certain it is hurting the site. It kills ad revenue by lowering traffic, and it slows the rate of new membership. If you had a new mv and were looking for help, but when you clicked on this websites link in google you found you went to a spam website, would you join this site, or ever click another link to it? I wouldn't.

That it hasn't been fixed is just pure laziness and shows that . I love this site, and i have a $100 donation waiting for operating expenses, but i want to see that it will be used toward making the site better, and when this simple issue hasn't been fixed (a little research shows it isn't a complicated fix and all responsibel board admins have long ago fixed it) i don't have confidence my money will be well spent.

In fact the more i see this site stay negleted, the more i am certain that pretty soon another website will pop up that steals the membership and initiative.

Yep! 100% We can only pray that someone steps up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks