• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS hacked!?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is a serious issue. This site ranks very well on Google, and lots of people searching for answers about their trucks will see a search result for this site.

Then when they click on it, they get rediercted to a spam site.

It is a serious issue, and I am 100% certain it is hurting the site. It kills ad revenue by lowering traffic, and it slows the rate of new membership. If you had a new MV and were looking for help, but when you clicked on this websites link in Google you found you went to a spam website, would you join this site, or ever click another link to it? I wouldn't.

That it hasn't been fixed is just pure laziness and shows that . I love this site, and I have a $100 donation waiting for operating expenses, but I want to see that it will be used toward making the site better,and when simple issue hasn't been fixed (a little research shows it isn't a complicated fix and all responsibel board admins have long ago fixed it) I don't have confidence my money will be well spent.

In fact the more I see this site stay negleted, the more I am certain that pretty soon another website will pop up that steals the membership and initiative.
the under lined, highlighted says it all, MR. SS (#1 ADMIN.) tried to do a fix, caused more site problems, he is very busy with his new practice. ALL the above applies to #2 ADMIN

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I want to know is WHY would you need to get to SS via Google? SS is always open on my computer 24/7/365.
SS is a "favorite" on my home computer, but when I use a work computer or other location, it is not. That is when I have to "Google" SS. I have been getting the survey-from-**** :evil: whan I do this.

Chief_919

SS is a "favorite" on my home computer, but when I use a work computer or other location, it is not. That is when I have to "Google" SS. I have been getting the survey-from-**** :evil: whan I do this.
Yup.

A lot of times I am looking for info from my phone. I search Google, because it produces more relevant results than the SS internal search does, in an easier format, and brings results from other websites as well.

Google simply works better.

Well, it does when this site isn't jacked up anyway.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As Ron said, I did attempt to fix it. It fixed the google redirect thing, but caused issues with links on the site, lost images, etc... so I had to switch it back. I am working on a permanent solution to this problem and a lot of other things.

big block 88

Yeppers got the same issue here I've even tried clicking on the crap links that it gives you and they all end up dead links so what was the point in someone messing with the system to redirect us to a bunch of dead links???

trukhead

So what do you do to deal with this. SS is a favorite so I did not have the redirection problem. I tried the search and found to redirection. It is a bad thing.

aua

SPCWarning

I don't know if this will work for everyone else, but when I hit the "SS" on my desktop and the spam or whatever that crap is pops up, I close it and hit "SS" again. Steel Soldiers always comes up on the second try. Takes about 4 seconds longer but it works. I'm still new to this site and don't want it to go anywhere. I don't want to go anywhere else for what I can learn here, and the people here that I have been in contact with are great and very helpful.....just my 2cents