• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

started the BOB today

gunner_bear

Just installed the other spring and removed the rear cross member.ridgerunner is making me a set of axle mounts with 4" of lift built into it. It was snowing today so I think I better get this project rolling soon:shock:
2010 mike buck 006.jpg

2010 mike buck 005.jpg

2010 mike buck 004.jpg

deathrowdave

Using a hole saw I have it very helpful to drill a small hole near inside edge of the hole you trying to cut out to allow for the chips and coolant to flow out of this works better.

fantastico

I am in the infancy of my Bob, and i was wondering if someone would help answer a question?

I see that there is 3/4 ton trailers as well as 1.5 ton trailers. It looks like most people are using the 3/4 for their bob, why, what is the difference, and does it matter?

gunner_bear

Installed the axle blocks and installed the rear axle today:razz:. Next step is to get the driveshaft made longer and get the brakes lines hooked up. I am racing the weather here as snow is in the forcast.:shock: The axle blocks from ridgerunner worked great, as did $130 worth of U-bolts:shock:

rear axle installed.jpg

axle block.jpg

gunner_bear

Cut off my extra frame today and remounted the rear cross member and the bumpers. Welded and bolted it on. Glad i was inside as the lake effect storm was a blowing!!

rear bumper installed.jpg

inner pintel brace.jpg

rear bumper.jpg

Seth_O

The axle blocks from ridgerunner worked great, as did $130 worth of U-bolts:shock:
Looks great gunner. I threw up a little in my mouth when the guy told me I owed him $100 for the 4 u-bolts.

I spent almost as much in u-bolts as I did to lengthen the d-shaft :confused:

jatonka

I'm really glad to see some of you are actually moving the axle back a little and lengthing the driveshaft. I did this from the start and I was the first to ever show pics of the JATonka XM35A4 4x4 conversion Deuce. The people who wouldn't spend to lengthen the drive shaft never got the truck balance and the M105 body to really line up with the tires. These shorties really run out better with some extra wheelbase. Thanks to all who have the ability ro build "em right. John Tennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks