• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter relay after 12v conversion ?

Lild

Here's the dirty on it.
86 m1009. I bought a new starter relay to do the dog head conversion a while back. Starter went bad, so new 12v starter & Roscommon 12v conversion was done. How ever, I never got around to the new relay.

as of now, the stock relay is not it. My question is this....
go ahead & put new relay in, in case if I or if I sell truck, want to covert back to stick 24v.

leave the relay in, & either make a jumper wire to the purple to purple/white wire, or cut those two & splice them together.

i've searched, can't find a definite answer, but it seems like when I read up on a member who did the Roscommon conversion, that the purple wires were to have some thing done to them. Sou questions r based off of memory, just can't remember what exactly.
thanks for the help

engineman2

I don't fully understand what your question is. I did the Roscommon 12v mod on my truck and then a while later did the Doghead relay mod. IIRC I just followed the regular instructions Doghead gave and performed the relay swap. It's been flawless ever since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks