• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter relay after 12v conversion ?

Lild

Here's the dirty on it.
86 m1009. I bought a new starter relay to do the dog head conversion a while back. Starter went bad, so new 12v starter & Roscommon 12v conversion was done. How ever, I never got around to the new relay.

as of now, the stock relay is not it. My question is this....
go ahead & put new relay in, in case if I or if I sell truck, want to covert back to stick 24v.

leave the relay in, & either make a jumper wire to the purple to purple/white wire, or cut those two & splice them together.

i've searched, can't find a definite answer, but it seems like when I read up on a member who did the Roscommon conversion, that the purple wires were to have some thing done to them. Sou questions r based off of memory, just can't remember what exactly.
thanks for the help

engineman2

I don't fully understand what your question is. I did the Roscommon 12v mod on my truck and then a while later did the Doghead relay mod. IIRC I just followed the regular instructions Doghead gave and performed the relay swap. It's been flawless ever since.