• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
One had thermal protection that the military bypasses and one does not have the thermal protection. I believe the me type is the one without.

319cssb

One had thermal protection that the military bypasses and one does not have the thermal protection. I believe the me type is the one without.
@suprman I got a replacement for my Starter and was going to go through it and freshen it up. I noticed the gear is a bit worn at the leading edge ,so I want to see if I can get a replacement for that.
I noticed that the MD starter has a collar at the end. The only prominent difference I noticed.
Now How do I bypass the thermal protection?

IMG_4001.jpgIMG_3999.jpg

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe the military bypassed them all on the trucks wiring. Its usually a lousy cut and crimp job. The thermal sensor would lift the ground on the aux start solenoid so if you make a new ground on the solenoid coil then you shouldnt have any issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks