• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
One had thermal protection that the military bypasses and one does not have the thermal protection. I believe the me type is the one without.

319cssb

One had thermal protection that the military bypasses and one does not have the thermal protection. I believe the me type is the one without.
@suprman I got a replacement for my Starter and was going to go through it and freshen it up. I noticed the gear is a bit worn at the leading edge ,so I want to see if I can get a replacement for that.
I noticed that the MD starter has a collar at the end. The only prominent difference I noticed.
Now How do I bypass the thermal protection?

IMG_4001.jpgIMG_3999.jpg

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe the military bypassed them all on the trucks wiring. Its usually a lousy cut and crimp job. The thermal sensor would lift the ground on the aux start solenoid so if you make a new ground on the solenoid coil then you shouldnt have any issues.