• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting issues on deuce!

DEVILDOC

Checked all the connections......"..If batteries turn out to be no good what is a good replacement. thanks you guys for the help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Get 2 of the same batterys(date stamp). Get the largest that will fit in the batt box. I have used Costco batts with good results, and interstate too.

Jeff Nelson

As a side note... There is a product called "Copper Shield" that I use on battery and cable connections. It's almost like a semi-liquid copper. I've not had any corrosion problems on my connections but you do need to be careful with the stuff. If you're not careful, you will have it everywhere. Just a small dab does wonders.

Clay James

I'm having a similar issue. I think I've traced it to the wire going to the relay. It's got some cracks in the insulation so I have a feeling the wire may have corroded. It seems to start easier when I wiggle the wire around. I cleaned the connections, had brand new batteries, rebuilt the starter solenoid, replaced the relay, and same clicking. I'm going to splice in a new wire and see if that takes care of it. Try checking that on your truck.

ABN173

I just had the same issue. Batteries can read good but still be bad. You want the battery to read 12.6v 12.4 or less can mean you only at 50% charge. I pulled both of mine and had a auto part store test them one needed to be slow charged the other was bad. I could only find one 6tl battery to replace it. Everything is good now.

DEVILDOC

Found the problem.............BAD BATTERIES.........the good news the seller that I bought it from 3 months ago replaced them FREE of charge . Great Guy!
Told him to find me a Gun Ring and a trailer.
:driver:

DieselBob

Found the problem.............BAD BATTERIES.........the good news the seller that I bought it from 3 months ago replaced them FREE of charge . Great Guy!
Told him to find me a Gun Ring and a trailer.
:driver:
Glad to hear you found the issue and sounds like you are dealing with a real standup person. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks