• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 2nd Annual Haspin Acres Rally T-shirts

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anybody else have any comments? I won't know for sure how it looks until I order them. I have to order at least 6 pieces. The more we order, the cheaper they get. Post up here if you definitely want a shirt!

They are a Hanes Beefy-T in the color Pebble which looks to be like a desert tan. If we order 5 L, 10 XL, and 5 XXL they will come in at right around $13 a piece with free 2-week shipping to my door. I could bring them all to the rally or if you aren't going I could ship them to you for a few bucks extra.

Post up crew!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, if I may say so, I think there is too much writing on the front, just "Steelsoldiers" should do.
Fuzz/fade the edges of the picture for a more sophisticated look.

Don't you have any action shots to pick from, more of a close-up?

Don't mean to criticize, but you asked...
How many do you have to order for a choice of colors?

mangus580

I would see if you can 'round' out the corners of the picture..... so it doesnt look quite like a picture plopped on a shirt... if that makes any sense.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good feedback guys, unfortunately it seems most of these make your own t-shirt places on the web don't offer enough features. With the site I was using, you had to pick one color of T only, unless you did multiple designs and then you would have a 6 piece minimum on each. There was no way to round the edges or do a fade on the photo. The mono-tone photo design was cheaper than the multi-color photo. Less text on the front is certainly doable. I may have to go to a professional t-shirt place and have them work up a design for us.

Keep the feedback coming. If you guys have a better photo, please show me. I don't have anything but still shots from camp which aren't very exciting.

mangus580

Chris, search out a local t-shirt shop..... will be better than the online crap. If need be, I have a shop real close here that I can hit up.

Wyattearp

Hey guys let me know when the shirts are ready, im in for buying one, eventually i hope to get together with some of our OD crew but right now life has be pinned down for a bit LOL.....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update on the t-shirts. I talked with a local t-shirt company and if we do a OD or tan tee with black stencil printing on it I can get shirts for as little as $11-12 a piece. They also have a big book of clip art that we could use on the shirt that would still fall in that price range. Now, if I submit some design to them and they have to create the artwork it will increase the shirts to $18-20 a piece. The SS Fund will absorb some of the cost on the shirts if need be to make them reasonable.

Any thoughts? I wouldn't mind having an OD shirt with this on the front:

STEEL SOLDIERS 2ND ANNUAL
HASPIN ACRES OFF-ROAD RALLY
JULY 14TH-16TH, 2006

and then a cool catch phrase on the back in large stencil print that says something like:

MILITARY VEHICLE GUYS LIKE TO DO IT WITH THEIR BLACK-OUTS ON ;)

That way the shirts would only run us $11 or so and if you ripped it during a trail repair you wouldn't be as pi$$ed off.

If that sounds good to folks let me know and feel free to post up a catch phrase for the back and we'll pick the best one and get this done. I'd like to submit the order first of next week so let's hear it!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, since nobody but my old buddy Fred has decided to reply, I will make an executive decision and order the t-shirts tomorrow.

How does 20 XL and 10 XXL sound for numbers?

The final version for the front is:

STEEL SOLDIERS 2ND ANNUAL
OFF-ROAD RALLY at HASPIN ACRES
LAUREL, INDIANA
JULY 14TH-16TH, 2006

Then the back will be:

-100 GALLONS OF FUEL: $280
-A TENT, LANTERN, AND BUG SPRAY: $150
-6 PACKS OF HOT DOGS, CHIPS, AND A CASE
OF FROSTY BEVERAGES: $35
-A WEEKEND IN THE WOODS RUNNING TRAILS
IN OUR MILITARY TRUCKS: PRICELESS

Any objections? If not, forever hold your peace!

ojsdna744

I can't make it, they put my company picnic on that weekend. :( I'm still in for an XL however if you have one to spare. If you want to give actual attendees priority I understand. Was hoping to meet a few more people on this site, guess that'll hafta wait.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks