• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STEEL SOLDIERS BUMPER STICKERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
clinto said:
Any chance of offering the bumper sticker as a bumper magnet? I hate putting stickers on my stuff.
I've purchased "sheet magnet" and placed stickers that I like on it and trimmed them out. Works pretty well. It's thin and flexible like what you find refrigerator magnets and such made from. You might be able to do the same if only the sticker becomes available. I agree, sometimes a sticker is too permanent.

littlebob

I'm not much on stickers either, I've bought the magnetic material from sign shops to put my stickers on and then I can remove them when I want. Just make sure remove any magnets from your vehicle before going through an automated carwash.
littlebob

Tanner

N1265 said:
Tanner said:
Even though my vote doesn't count, I like the data plate idea...

Another option would be to have a logo that looks like the name logo on a uniform - stitching around the edges -

"Tanner"
You mean Like a Name Tape, Green with black lettering that says Steel Soldiers ?
That's what I mean, sir! Since I am a civilian, I don't know the correct name for that which I tried to describe... the military turned me down.... they mumbled something about my being disrespectful to authority types - :wink:

Tanner

N1265

I have one of the green shirts great quality. But wern't we going to have our screen name / truck printed on them also ?

could I order one with : " N1265 " printed on the right side ?

I also like the Name Tape Idea in a magnet....

oilcan

gimpyrobb said:
Oilcan knows a guy who does magnet printing.
Correction, my cousin works at a factory that makes magnetic signs. I talked to him one time about it, and he didn't seem to have much contact with the decision makers. I might be able to get my hands on a few reject sheets, though.

Not much help, I know.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
what about replacing "what can green do for you?" with a list of models?

G503
G740
G742
G744
G758
G843
G838

would just need a more complete list, also similar number for mogs/pinzs etc.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Green" these days is associated with "environmentally friendly" and may be confusing.
Don't know about the "G" numbers, not used on any of the data tags I have or TM's, I like the "M" numbers.

Elwenil

I like the nameplate, but as for the models, I'd keep it nice an generic so it can apply to everyone and not have to make a dozen different designs to suit different tastes. I like the magnet idea also, but you guys had been makes sure you don't have 20 layers of paint on the bed so it will stick, lol. I guess I'm out of luck since my "fake" Ramcharger "MV" has a fiberglass tail, lol.

SasquatchSanta

From a marketing "spreading the word" concept, the SS URL "www.SteelSoldiers.com" needs to be promoted.
Having said this --- a tag line behind the URL "or" a series of tag lines behind the URL is/are in order.

From a personal standpoint I'm not sure I like the "What Can Green Do For You" tag line. I don't have anything
against the "green" concept --- it just doesn't reach out far enough.

Once again --- IMHO --- my 2 cents worth --- I think we need to take care not to appear millitant. I personally like
brushing up against being millitant by using humor. Something to do with a new twist (the Steel Soldiers twist)
on the enviromental "GREEN" movement. Maybe something like a spin-off of the old "Think Globally, Act Locally.
I personally like "Think Locally, Invade Globally"

Some quick food for thought:

"www.SteelSoldiers.com --- The Ultimate In Dependable Invasion Equipment"

Or:

"www.SteelSoldiers.com --- Happiness Is A Front Mounted Winch"

Or:

"www.SteelSoldiers.com --- Killroy Approved"

Or:

"www.SteelSoldiers.com --- Made In The USA"

Or:

"www.SteelSoldiers.com"
"Join The USA Green Movement"
"Think Locally --- Invade Globally"

I gotta stop this --- it's getting too weird.

Elwenil

I agree that the "What can green do for you" is a little odd. Not to mention it comes within a stone's throw of infringing on UPS' slogan. I think the web address should be incorporated so that people know that this is a site to go to and not just some odd name for a old truck stuck on it. The "Military Vehicles Supersite" is also nice and identifies us and the site well. I also think something about "Green Iron" could work as that sums up a lot of the hobby and is a little catchy. Perhaps "Addicted to Green Iron" or something since that describes a lot of us, lol. I guess in short we need to decide if the decal is going to promote the site, or is just going to be something for our own personal enjoyment and a way of "belonging" to something. Personally I think we should promote the site as much as possible and should incorporate the web address whenever possible.

Elwenil

Hmm, are they the same? I don't think it would be possible to fit all the model numbers for all of the different MVs the assorted members own, which is why I suggested something more generic. I do love the look and the idea of the date plate look.

Also, that's a whole lot of "Technical"... :lol:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the look of the data plate.
I will mount mine with 4 screws in the corners, just to be realistic.
Maybe add screw heads to the design.
Are bullet holes to much?

Other slogans.
This is GREEN!
or
The Real Green
or
Green Iron Fever
or
Green, it's not a hobby , it's a sickness.
or
Do you MV the Green?
or just
Green MV
beacuase that develops 'Green envy'

Status
Not open for further replies.