• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers Florida Get Together - June 4th-6th!

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

I'd like to bring everyone up to speed on an event we have been working on putting together. I know a lot of people couldn't make the Florida Rally this year, so here is your second chance! Don't miss it!

Information

Location: The base of operations will be at Withlacoochee River RV Park & Canoe Rental with trail rides in "Richloam". Located right on the Withlacoochee River they offers sites with plenty of shade & full hookup. Most sites have fire ring and great views of the river. The number of water/electricity hookup sites will be limited. It is first come first serve. Multiple people can stay on the same site.

• Clean Restrooms w/ Showers
  • Laundry Room
  • Pavilion w/ Water, Electric & Grill
  • Canoe Rental Availble
  • Firewood Availble
  • Plenty of Parking
  • Fishing
This venue is located literally across the street to the Withlacoochee State Forest "Richloam". This area offers tens of thousands of acres littered with all kinds types of trails. The entrance to the Richloam Wildlife Management area is only 900 feet from the camp ground, couldn't be easier!.

- Link to Event Map (Trail Map) - HERE
- Link to Google Map of Richloam Area (Map is roughly centered on the area)- HERE
- Link to Google Map of Campground Location - HERE
- Link to Campground Website - HERE

Invited: The event will be hosted for Steel Soldiers members with an extended invitation to the MVPA, Unimog, Pinzgauer, RR groups and close friends. Please feel free to invite, extend and re-post this invitation to your friends, families and web boards. MV enthusiasts of all type are welcome but this event is a private function and is NOT open to the "general public"!

Date: Friday, Saturday & Sunday - June 4th, 5th and 6th.

Cost & Payment:
  • Camping will run $25.00 per person for the weekend.
  • A day pass to campground runs $10.00 a day.
  • Kids 12 and under are FREE.

Payment Information:
Understand that I have had to pay (out of my own pocket) the venue in advance to reserve the entire area just for us. I realize it is impractical to require pre-payment, as sometimes it doesn't work out. However, if it is at all possible, PLEASE pay as soon as you can for this event. You will receive a unique wrist band for the event in the mail.

You can find a link to pay here: LINK

If you absolutely can't make payment before hand, I will accept payment on-site.

Rules: The rules are simple and straightforward.

Questions: Post Up here! Or E-mail/Private Message Me

Spread The Word: Here are a few places I can think of to draw some more interest. A link will be added when a post or whatever is made there.

• Real 4x4 Forums
  • Unimog Mailing List
  • MVPA...Stuff...Places?
  • More...places...
That should about do it for now!

Attachments

Last edited:

vinny-socom1

It should be a great time, weather has been pretty cool around here so I think it will be nice, but it is Florida so plan for bug spray to be on the safe side. Another good point is this park has river access on grounds so bring your canoe, kayak or you can rent one if you like. I plan on bringing my kayaks and kids so it should be a great time! If anybody has any questions feel free to call me. Jack and I are planning on going to the park thursday to take some pics and iron out the details on price. As it sits I think we will start with "Bring Your Own" unless some one wants to head up the cooking/food details.

Vinny
352-258-1393cell

phil2968

Count me and the family in! I'll see if I can get Friday off, if not I can't show until Friday night.
A camp feast would be great on Saturday night, what can I do to help help out?:grin:

stalker

Sounds great to me guys. My group and I should be up for it. Bugs are just a fact here in Florida so is dealing with them.... now if I can get my wife to believe that :?. As far as food, bring your own sounds easy to me. Organized food is nice sometimes but those time constraints interfere with playtime when there is alot to do and it sounds like there is alot to do at that park.

P.S.- Hey Vinny,
I will be installing some seat belts in the back of the pinz in the next couple of weekends. Only four for now with priority given to the young ones (your daughter will fare better next time) and to the good looking people..... unfortunately that will still leave you without a seat belt :!: That goes for you too Chris.

Tim 813-929-3868

Last edited:

yetti96

Just curious, how about those who are new to the MV world and are yet to own something big and green? We don't have a camper yet and June is way to hot to tent camp, so we might make a day visit if that would be ok. Any ideas for a SS FL new guy?

stalker

Yetti,
Here is what I do when I use a tent. I verify that said camp ground has electric hook up.. and I believe the description indicates that it does. Next I pack a huge box fan with my gear and crank it up at night. At 2am you will need a blanket.:)

phil2968

I have used a small AC in my tent window in July here in Florida!
I'll need to get one riggged up in the M109 before then for sure! I ain't into sleeping and sweatin'!

Come on up Yetti, if it is just for the day. This is about getting Mver's together to meet one another and have alot of fun doing it!:)

vinny-socom1

I have camped in June/July and its really not that bad, this year in FL has been a cold one so it might still be cool at night. The site has water, electric, showers, grills, covered hall and much more!! so I think there will alot of things going on, I'm looking foward to a kayak trip. I'm up for a Sat night dinner we just need to work out the details.

If your too hot just take a dip in the river!!! just stay away from the gators:p

Thanks Tim as long as Alexis has a belt I'll just bring rope and tie it on Chris!!

Vinny

SixSpeed

Banned
Just curious, how about those who are new to the MV world and are yet to own something big and green? We don't have a camper yet and June is way to hot to tent camp, so we might make a day visit if that would be ok. Any ideas for a SS FL new guy?
Absolutely, come on out, meet everyone, and grab a couple rides. You'll still have a good time!

As far as ideas for a new guy...buy something big and green! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks