• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers Florida Get Together - June 4th-6th!

rbeasley66

Phil, let Rick know that the shear pins finally fell in the mail box yesterday, should have them tomorrow.
Thanks Kenny! I got them safe and sound. And anyone that gets stuck and needs a winch this upcoming weekend will thank you as well. [thumbzup] But those are the toughest macaroni I've ever seen, will take hours of boiling to get them soft.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK guys, last chance to place your parts orders for this weekend. All kinds of 5 ton and deuce parts and accessories. Vinny, you still need that wheel? Also, anyone wanting to convoy up on Saturday morning early, I will be leaving from Palmetto (south of Tampa).

Green_gator

Pete,
I suspect that I will head up on Saturday morning. How early are you planning? Got to roll an eight year old and ten year old out of bed for the trip. I need a shackle pin for the front.

yetti96

I had planned on possibly stopping in to say hi and met a few people but I got got a ticket this weekend and spent all of my "fun money". So maybe next time...:( Have fun guys!! :driver:

T

televisionman007

i could use a fuel/oil/air filter set if you have it. i have a 71 m35a2 with a multifuel with a [d] turbo. thanks chris.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Chris, I don't try to stock parts that are readily available at NAPA and so forth. I concentrate on body and mechanical parts.

bubba_got_you

well i am NOT going to make it. i got swamped at work this week and now have no time to finish the truck and i also have to work fryday all day so im just going to have to sit this one out.

cessnatwin

Pctrans tell me a little about those a/c units, and how much? I dont know if you remember me but at met you up on that cold ass day in ocala at the truck show!

vinny-socom1

well i am NOT going to make it. i got swamped at work this week and now have no time to finish the truck and i also have to work fryday all day so im just going to have to sit this one out.

Bubba You need to catch a ride with another member....

Pete Yes I still need a rim,valve, goody bag please.

anybody else???

Adam I have a 6x6 dome tent I can bring but the matress is on you- about $20.00 at Walmart I think, let me know

I plan of leaving Friday morning from Ocala I-75 south to 50 then over to 301 anybody coming the other way we can meet at the exit and ride over.

I believe there are electric sites still available worst case you will need to bring a long cord and spliter.

Vinny

Vinny, I still may go. I'm trying to make up hours since I didn't work Sunday or Monday. I worked 11 hours today! I will probably sleep in the back of my pickup truck, it has a cap.

I just checked the weather for this weekend at the site and its supposed to be high in the low 90s lows in the high 70s average about 80% humidity with 9mph winds all three days with 40% chance of rain and thunder storms on Friday and sat and 20% on Sunday.

If I can get a spot close to an outlet I may rig a small window unit A/C. I find it very hard to sleep while sweating.

Is alcohol and/or glass bottles allowed at the camp ground?

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are big units. 54,000 BTU cooling, and also heat. 220 volt, 3-phase. Run on at least a 10K genset. Used for GP/medical tents, etc. Weigh in at about 1000#. Power cord, duct work stored in unit. Never been used.

vinny-socom1

OK I need everyone who prepaid to respond, I'm planning on making breakfast Saturday morning for everybody and need to know how many to buy for. I will be going by Sam's tomorrow and picking up biscuits & gravy.

Vinny

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, I haven't prepaid, but have cash in pocket for arrival on Sat morning. What time do I need to be there?

Cessna, looking for about $900.

phil2968

I will be there with the wife and to boys for breakfast, I have maybe 3 dozen free range eggs that need to be cooked up! Vinny, is there anything that you need help with? I am bringing a 6 foot table. What else do you need?
I know my brother will be there as well. So that's 3.5 people for us.