• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2015 - April VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. Reckless
reckless.jpg

2. jasonjc
jasonjc.jpg

3. 4x4 Forever
4x4 Forever.jpg

4. Stonepicker1
Stonepicker1.jpg

5. MyothersanM1
MyothersanM1.jpg

6. ravensnest
ravensnest.jpg

7. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

8. CUCVLOVER
CUCVLOVER.jpg

9. tankdriver
tankdriver.jpg

10. roalcoal
roalcoal.jpg

11. Snowtiger
Snowtiger.jpg

12. Shark Bait
Shark Bait.jpg

13. Coffey1
Coffey1.jpg

14. T. Highway
T. Highway.jpg

15. Bryan 45
Bryan 45.jpg

16. M920
M920.jpg

tankdriver

OK time to campaign....

It was a cold and snow was falling, when we loaded up and headed to the Boy Scout 2015 Boot Comporee. BUT it was well worth it.

We carried a 37mm, 57mm and 3” anti-tank guns, a 45 Willis Jeep, and a Dodge 43 WC63 down. There was apx 200 Boy Scouts there. After we got set up, around 10 I started giving rides. I stopped about 12 to get lunch, and when we walked out of the mess hall, the WC had a full load setting in the back waiting, on us in the snow and rain. As soon as I got back and MADE them get off, another group was waiting to get on.

The WC was run harder that it has since Norway had it in full service. I ran it for about 5 hours straight, just stopping to go to the little boy’s room and to eat. I burned over 25 gallons of gas running it on very muddy wet roads. I did not have one problem on the WC. It ran great.

I loved every cold minute of it, and the kids loved it. AND that is the main thing. If you look at the average age of our average collector, if we do not get the kids interested in our hobby, there will not be a hobby in another 20 years. Check with your local Boy Scout Troop and get involved. You’ll find it will be worth your time.

IMG_1587.jpgIMG_1582.jpgIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0580.JPGIMG_0578.JPGIMG_0572.JPGIMG_0569.JPGIMG_0568.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0129.jpg

CUCVLOVER

Yip yip yippee
Its time to vote and campaign.

My truck was sold to the military just like the rest of the cucv's I'm not sure where though. It was then sold at a time unknown to the Arkansas state forestry service and used to pull a gooseneck trailer with a couple mowers. Also it was used for random pulling and such.
Then in fall 2013 it became my baby.
I've added the new wheels, lights, receiver plug, radio the I fit to look stock, a tachometer fit to look stock and just general PM.

Soon to come will be a 10,000lbs winch, with bumpe, more lights, street glow (ya I know), and possibly a lift, and turbocharger.

I will post pics soon.

Thanks for the votes

M920

Here are some additional pics from the 2013 move of D&RGW locomotive #315 from Durango, CO to Chama, NM.
This is of course all just a cold and calculated 'campaign move', aimed at putting the hurt on the competition.....lol

Soni

Attachments

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now if the Locomotive was nominated it would be an easy score, hands down. Do we vote for the truck, the trailer, the complete rig or the locomotive as well??? :jumpin: Mind you, each and every of the components is impressive.

roalcoal

I got my truck out of Camp Shelby in south Mississippi, The recovery went well truck fired up on the first turn of the starter I drove the truck home and the work started. I wanted to make the truck more usable so I installed a bed that I cut 4 foot out of to give it a total length of 10 foot . Now i have a truck that can haul whatever I want it to. I also put a hardtop on it that I modified that can hold two grown men standing on the roof. I installed egt and boost gauge, I am currently in the process of installing a 18000# winch. I have always wanted a MV now I have one and i can share it with my children and and everyone in the community , When my son gets older Ill pass it on to him and so on . Well work dosent get done with me typing and the truck not going to modify itself so thanks for the time to tell my little story.View attachment 554702

Reckless

I guess I'll add a few more pics. Air ride seats, touch screen radio, A/C, turret in the roof, custom center console and lots more.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429380908.769180.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429380931.919019.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429380958.804317.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429381051.546725.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429381017.040619.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow...almost two days since a campaign post was made and voting in light at the polls!!:oops:

Looks like I may have to resort to signing up dead folks and illegals to vote!!:naner:

CUCVLOVER

better late than never.
the mud is from a few fishing trips. One of my favorite places to fish is two miles down a goat path with some good mud pits.
all the stuff on the hood is out of the trees since I had about a inch of rain in the last two days, the ammo can holds two speakers for the radio and I have two more ammo cans behind the seat with a 6x9 in each, but what I did on those is I made them where I can set them out on the bed and have tunes outside if don't get enough through the windows.
I also have a fish hanging from the rear view mirror.
I pulled a 36,000 lbs weight sled at the truck pull, (didn't hurt anything), a lath that came from a navy ship that was used to turn cannon barrels, we had to move it from one room to the next dead drag and couldn't pick it up, it is about 6.5 feet tall at the chuck and about 25 feet long weighs over 14,000, and a few trailers and boats.
It sure does sound good at about 55, why do you ask, because I put 2.5 inch true duel exhaust with no mufflers and four inch tips

Attachments

Bryan 45

It's tough not casting my own vote for the WC63, but here's my MUTT. I bought it when I was 24 years old from a retired Marine that decided he'd never get around to restoring it. In the 12 years I've owned it, it's been relatively low maintenance.

I mostly use it for carting around my buddies at 3 gun matches.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks