• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2015 - March VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

2. Woodsplinter
woodsplinter.jpg

3. Lonnie
lonnie.jpg

4. 4x4 Forever
4x4forever.jpg

5. Oxyacetylene
oxy.jpg

6. Kearns
kearns.jpg

7. Dave P
DaveP.jpg

8. Wildboy6x6
wildboy6x6.jpg

9. cranetruck
cranetruck.jpg

10. JasonJC
jasonjc.jpg

11. OilfieldRoughneck
oilfield.jpg

12. MidwestMilitaryEquipment
midwestmil.jpg

13. Whiterabbit
whiterabbit.jpg

14. Coffey1
Coffey-1.jpg

15. ghettoct
ghettoct.jpg

16. G-force
g-force.jpg

17. tankdriver
tankdriver.jpg

18. ke5eua
ke5eua.jpg

19. Digger09
Digger09.jpg

20. TheHummerguy
TheHummerguy.jpg

Attachments

m715mike

There are some mighty fine trucks in the running this month! While each one is worthy of winning, my vote goes to Woodsplinter! He has one awesome looking Deuce that I'd like to see on the home page next month!

I know there is a big contingent of Arizona folks on this site. Rally around your hometown guy and let's see some votes for Woodsplinter! (Okay, I'm bias. I grew-up in Phoenix.)

Woodsplinter

Thanks Mike!!
Here are some more pics prior to the big tire swap:

IMG_1836.jpgIMG_1845.jpgIMG_1842.jpgIMG_1838.jpgIMG_1837.jpgIMG_1834.jpgIMG_1839.jpg

Okay Folks- I'm about to reveal a secret!!
Its the subject of much speculation and controversy- an urban legend that, until now, has never been confirmed to those outside of law enforcement:

The "Get Out Of Jail Free" card, does exist (and I ain't talkin Monopoly here). Everybody who votes for me will receive one card! If you are pulled over by law enforcement, just present this card and you will not receive a citation for minor offenses. (Speeding, red light, stop sign, etc.- DUI, reckless, you're on your own). Also, you will not be arrested for misdemeanor crimes not involving violence!

I can reveal this secret because I am completely anonymous here- no one knows or can discern my identity or location. I'm practically invisible! By using sophisticated software and hardware everyone thinks I am in Phoenix- not..hehehe.. well, you know.

So lets get votin' and I'll get the cards movin'

m715mike

Wow!! I just saw a bunch of reasons to vote for Woodsplinter. I'd tell you exactly how many, but I ran out of fingers and toes trying to count all of them!!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The xm757 served the 3 Pershing 1A battalions in Germany and the field artillery school at Ft Sill, OK, for about 12 years until 1983-85, when the heavier Pershing 2 replaced it. A vintage picture:

1970 xm757, pershing 1a, germany,.jpg

With less than 200 truck tractors ever delivered (all in 1969), it's a rare vehicle and many parts were exclusively designed for it, so parts hunting is fun. One of few trucks designed from scratch to military specifications.
More images of my project:
2013 0718 xm757 right front.jpg2012 0408 xm757.jpg2010 1110 xm757 with tire chains.jpg2014 0417 xm757, am2060a, prc77.jpg2011 0722 xm757, nicd starter battery.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK I'm 1st....Vote for me please......It not easy for a 62 year man to climb all over this stuff......
I REALLY wanted to vote for your outstanding vehicle but 1943ht is a member of our club PLUS I have seen it in person and it is beautiful I tell ya. I hope he comes on this thread and shows some better pics.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Question , do you have to "own" a mv or can you use one that you had control/possesion/signed for?????:whistle:
I'd have some awesome pics to post up of an M1A1 in full OIF I glory if we were allowed to post pictures of MV's we've signed for!! That nice Half Track wouldn't stand a chance!!! It's gotta be one of your family members or one of your friends ¨current¨ family members to be entered.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'd have some awesome pics to post up of an M1A1 in full OIF I glory if we were allowed to post pictures of MV's we've signed for!! That nice Half Track wouldn't stand a chance!!! It's gotta be one of your family members or one of your friends ¨current¨ family members to be entered.
Actually...by "member", I meant a current member of SteelSoldiers.

Anyhoo...it does not matter in this thread as this is the "Vote" thread. I'm pretty sure the above is written in the MV of the Month Nomination thread when posted.:beer:

sandcobra164

PB,
My MV's are part of my ¨Family¨. I think alot of people consider them as such so that was my gist concerning a ¨Family Member¨. My Family expanded when the M35A2, M1028, M105A2, and M1102 joined Lee, Joey, Briggs and myself over the past few years.

tankdriver

Here's a few shots at the Halls, TN Air Show, done at a old B17 training base every year....

IMG_2263.jpg IMG_2260.jpg IMG_2330.jpg IMG_2338.jpgIMG_2340.jpg IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2339.jpg IMG_2337.jpgIMG_2342.jpg

We try to do 1 event a month. This month we are going to set up at a Boy Scout Camporee. There will be over 200 young people to show this to. Hopefully to get them started in the hobby......

I spend more on fuel on my buddy's semi hauling them around than you can imagine.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well since show season is upon us up in the Northeast the smart vote would be for the mule. Why? Well when you find that hidden treasure and start carrying it through the show and think man this is getting heavy I wish I had a ride for this. Well have no fear the mule is here. I offer free transport to all that vote for the mule right to your car or MV. So save your back and vote for me!!!20140420_170342.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks