• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - December VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to whine something..........Is already a bit unfair, 1 MV per member per month.....in the end of the voting you really don't know what a truck is the MV of the month......ok enough whining.....lol. I have voted for a fine little CUCV II
For better understanding......I meant, in one picture two trucks and one trailer or any other picture with multiple MV's.....at the end you don't know who has won

gottaluvit

For better understanding......I meant, in one picture two trucks and one trailer or any other picture with multiple MV's.....at the end you don't know who has won
Can I whine too? I had a CUCV with two trailers attached but was informed that only the truck or one of the trailers was the entry. Then later see tractor trailer combos put up as one unit. I feel any combo should be counted as one unit since that is how the highway patrol looks at it. But, I too, am just a mere mortal.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No whining please.

Some more pics of the UN container on the Tatra.

Tatra-UN.jpg

IMG_20160925_130953076_resize.jpgIMG_20160925_130819309_resize.jpgIMG_20160925_130252431_resize.jpg

The interior is largely original, including the fuel heater that gets the fuel from the jerrycan. In front of the heater and power equalizer will be a movable bed so the container can be used as mobile home.

IMG_4012_resize.jpg

Just inside the door you see the largest adaptation: a chemical toilet.

IMG_3282_resize.jpg

Evan with an old field phone and gas mask.

Just a few more hours folks, forget the booze for a sec and give Rusty with his Tatra your vote. Don't forget, this guy imported a veteran MV from the Czech Republic into Canada, and then drove it to the GA Rally. That deserves our support.

:tank: :naner::clinto:

and already for in a few hours

:beer::beer::beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Can I whine too? I had a CUCV with two trailers attached but was informed that only the truck or one of the trailers was the entry. Then later see tractor trailer combos put up as one unit. I feel any combo should be counted as one unit since that is how the highway patrol looks at it. But, I too, am just a mere mortal.
I don't consider it whining...it's actually a good question/point...and I'm probably the one that said only the truck...or trailer could be nominated...I honestly do not remember the incident.

I guess we could limit the nominations to "power units" only, but that would take away from the combinations with trailers like Razor and Walkerhunter have which are CERTAINLY worth voting on.

There was some talk awhile back about allowing only motorized units but no action was taken.

I'll try and work with the ADMIN and see how he wants to handle this combination issue as well as trailers etc,. :beer:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is true that the combination of truck trailer AND attracting - interesting load on top of the trailer gives an unfair advantage and its not clear where you are voting for.

I would say, the Tatra with the UN container attached is still just on the good side of the edge. The UN container could be considered an MV as well, but is more auxiliary equipment, and cannot move. A trailer is an independent unit mostly classified within vehicles, so that would probably be two MVs. The truck being transported on the trailer really goes over the line.

Then again, it is a nice combination (although I liked the transported steam locomotive better) and it is end of year and time to be a bit mellow. Whatever, all the best for 2017

:-D

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't consider it whining...it's actually a good question/point...and I'm probably the one that said only the truck...or trailer could be nominated...I honestly do not remember the incident.

I guess we could limit the nominations to "power units" only, but that would take away from the combinations with trailers like Razor and Walkerhunter have which are CERTAINLY worth voting on.

There was some talk awhile back about allowing only motorized units but no action was taken.

I'll try and work with the ADMIN and see how he wants to handle this combination issue as well as trailers etc,. :beer:
My concern with the trailers is that people will nominate something like a run of the mill M105 trailer. I mean, that's not what this contest is really about. Sure a trailer is a MV. And yes, I understand that some users only have MV trailers. I'd rather see entries of a trailer/power unit combo honestly.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My concern with the trailers is that people will nominate something like a run of the mill M105 trailer. I mean, that's not what this contest is really about. Sure a trailer is a MV. And yes, I understand that some users only have MV trailers. I'd rather see entries of a trailer/power unit combo honestly.
Certainly if its a tractor - trailer rig. What about this. Combo's are ok but for the nominating picture as contestant the trailer has to be empty. Afterwards, during campaigning, you can put whatever you want on it, and show that as campaigning.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I really hope this contest does not become so closely controlled/regulated that it's not fun anymore. We've intentionally left the rules few and sort of vague to keep it interesting and fun for all.

OK, I'm thinking change the rules to read "Trailers of any kind cannot be nominated unless hooked to a power unit". "The power unit and trailer will count as a single nomination".

I really do not think it makes any difference if the trailer is loaded or not.

Quote German1008 "For better understanding......I meant, in one picture two trucks and one trailer or any other picture with multiple MV's.....at the end you don't know who has won".

I don't see where there is a problem here. Members are required to give a brief description (nomenclature etc.,) when they nominate a vehicle...example...I, PapaBear would like to nominate my M38A1`...and post ONE pic of the jeep. I don't see how it matters how many MVs are behind, beside, or in the general area as I specified the M38A1.

Work with us here folks...we want to make it a simple as possible and as much fun as we can.:beer:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to be argumentative but I'd think a vehicle whose sole purpose is to haul a trailer should be ok to have one attatched. Something like a M109 with a MKT attached is a single vehicle with a piece of auxilary equipment. A HET is supposed to have a trailer with it.

In the end it doesn't really matter to me since I got all prize money in November (oops, forgot I wasn't supposed to mention the money :) ).

sandcobra164

I agree with you sir, the big rigs are awesome trucks and the rest of us unworthy people only wish we could be that, kewl!
Sir,
I think your CUCV II is awesome. I'd like to have one but the Tahoe versions are hard to come across just like a nice M1009 is hard to come across. Maybe one day I'll get one, it'd be a true daily driver MV. I've got larger trucks as well but they only guarantee one thing, they will burn more fuel to get from point A to point B. In this poll, the largest combo is clearly winning but please refer back to May of 2015 where my little M1028 won the contest. I only mentioned the website troubles because my little truck got more votes than the 1st and 2nd place truck this month combined! Keep trying sir and Have a Happy New Year!

Respectfully,
Joseph

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 2cents, for what it is worth-

I don't have a problem with a combination that includes a trailer, from a Mule hauling a heater (smallest actual military unit I could think of in the heat of the moment) on up.

This might be particularly appropriate in the case of a rare, unusual, or otherwise interesting trailer on a more mundane tow unit. And many trailers can take a huge amount of effort to restore/maintain, particularly if they have a complete interior fitment, be it say an original command post trailer, or one of the Taj-Mahal-interior camper M146s on here.

As an example, I will add a picture of my ADC-TSS. It has a complete original interior, including central air and heat. Restoration/maintenance wise, that thing took/takes as much work as a truck.

And in the end, it is all easily resolved by voting for the one you like!

Cheers

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to be argumentative but I'd think a vehicle whose sole purpose is to haul a trailer should be ok to have one attatched. Something like a M109 with a MKT attached is a single vehicle with a piece of auxilary equipment. A HET is supposed to have a trailer with it.

In the end it doesn't really matter to me since I got all prize money in November (oops, forgot I wasn't supposed to mention the money :) ).
Just money Mark. I got prize money and a free trip for me and the Mrs. Might want to check that out. :whistle:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks