• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2019 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. Migginsbros
Migginsbros.jpg

2. eagle4g63
eagle4g63.jpg

3. CBrinker
CBrinker.jpg

4. CHIEFSONN
CHIEFSON.jpg

5. silverstate55
silverstate55.jpg

6. german m1008
german m1008.jpg

7. Robo McDuff
Robo McDuff.jpg

8. amgeneral72
amgeneral72.jpg

9. TheQuaker
TheQuaker.jpg

10. Rmtaunton
Rmtaunton.JPG

CMPPhil

Hi All

Great bunch of MV'S good bunch of photos going to have a hard time picking which one to vote for. Let the campaigning begin.

Cheers Phil

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All

Great bunch of MV'S good bunch of photos going to have a hard time picking which one to vote for. Let the campaigning begin.

Cheers Phil
Ditto!

I thought the voting would be easy with such a narrow field represented... Then a whole slate of candidates entered the race.

Y'all can start "earning" our votes now with a little campaigning. Tell us the untold stories behind these wonderful MV's please.

Migginsbros

This is our 1977 MAN Kat1 5ton mil glw.

Powered by a 12675 cc V8 aircooled Deutz Diesel engine with 255 hp.

IMG_0387.jpg

Enough for a bulk purchase at the beverages store.:driver::driver:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
The voting this month is going to be a tough one again for me.

I am going to narrow it down a little to, green, red, tan , or camo.

What to do!:goodjob:

Last edited:

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1986er M1008 originally from Illinois (National Guard 33rd battalion 106th Cavalry Regiment/
Utcumque Ubique
Anywhere at Any Time )
Trans Date - 07 Sept 04......
IMG_0118.jpg
10 years privately owned in the States.........
IMG_0117.jpg
........then shipped to Germany......
after a little cosmetics.........
IMG_0581.jpg
.....for someone who does not have that much space , a CUCV is the right one to have some fun.....
IMG_2928.jpg
IMG_2953.jpg
.......to meet friends....
IMG_3433.jpg
IMG_1016.jpgIMG_0702.jpg
..... to survive dangerous situations with wild animals.......LOL
IMG_2955.jpg

............let's see what the next years will bring.....

Migginsbros

We purchased this truck from the Katastrophenschutz (Civil protection) on the island Fehmarn in the Baltic Sea.
They own the MAN for about 5 years after donated from the Army in 2012.
The last big rebuild ( Engine, trany, clutch,Axels, driveshafts......) was in 2007,
after this truck came back from Prizren Kosovo KFOR mission.

IMG_20181124_123636.jpg IMG_20181124_155237.jpg

On our way home from Fehmarn, we stopped near Hamburg for bows and canopy.

IMG_7661.jpg

IMG_7840.jpg This picture shows the truck in front of the Olympia Stadion Berlin.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
german 1008, I realy like the camo paint scheme on your truck.:goodjob:

How did it come to look like that?
......the truck had to be painted anyway, he looked worse than the pictures show.
The paint scheme ........., .....yes, he no longer had to meet the military standard.
Just rethink, try something different........hot rodding meets CUCV....LOL
The paint is made to CARC specifications in Germany.
http://www.militaerlacke.de/
........I deserve nothing ........ only for information

eagle4g63

Picture 306.jpgIMG_1556.jpgPushing snow with it.

NCM_0609.jpgNCM_0608.jpgThe best reason to put a pintle on the front, so you can recover MORE green addiction!!
IMG_0024.jpgEven earning its keep around the house hauling dirt!

eagle4g63

STP66088.jpgSTP66083.jpgCrushing cars.

KIMG0171.jpg New paint job.

IMG_0020.jpgKIMG0089.jpgKIMG0091.jpgDoing events for Veterans. My grand daughter getting to hear stories from a ww2 Veteran that asked if he could sit in our shade....."WELL YES SIR, WE WOULD BE HONORED" was our response.

I have had this truck for a long time and it has gone through a lot of changes in its life and brought joy to my life many times. It is one of the things in life I will never get rid of and my grand daughter has already staked claim to it when I pass. Everyone around here that knows me, knows my deuce and I drive it all the time, for years as my daily driver.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 773613
Doing events for Veterans. My grand daughter getting to hear stories from a ww2

Veteran that asked if he could sit in our shade....."WELL YES SIR, WE WOULD BE HONORED" was our response.
Well, that alone will and a number of points to the judge's tally sheets in this competition. Your honors to those who served brings a tear to this veteran's eyes.

God bless America!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first saw this truck in 2007, I never thought I could get my hands on it. In 2010, my Czech family was with me in the Netherlands for the funeral of my brother, and my stepson saw the wheeled excavator and later asked me to see if it was for sale. The owner has a camping place- golf - sport hotel and we were staying at his place. Next time I was there I asked, and then started talk about the M51 as well. Turned out he was going to redo the camping place and wanted to get rid of both, finally for 750 Eur in blacksmithing work!!

truck a bagr-2.jpg DSC_0004_resize.jpg

I closed the deal immediately, and started on my next dream trip getting those things to the Czech Republic, to our museum and blacksmith workshop, and get them back to work.

Things did not went that well and quick, but whatever.

Fast forwarding to today:

poster-nakladak.jpg

Few days ago I got the first panel for our exhibition on 30 year end of Cold War.

That's it for canvassing today, little time with helping taking care of grandkids during school holidays and working in the historic blacksmith workshop. More on restoring the truck, making it a interchangeable M51 - M52 and some other pics on the Cold War history and our Great War project in the coming 2 weeks.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
It makes my Heart Feel Good to see you save the equipment from sitting idle and givin new life Robo.

I hope that it is not to much of a challenge to find parts for your equipment?

cucvmule

collector of stuff
......the truck had to be painted anyway, he looked worse than the pictures show.
The paint scheme ........., .....yes, he no longer had to meet the military standard.
Just rethink, try something different........hot rodding meets CUCV....LOL
The paint is made to CARC specifications in Germany.
http://www.militaerlacke.de/
........I deserve nothing ........ only for information
Here in the States depending on the location and use some camouflage patterns are altered to the natural vegetation. The 1008A1 I own appears to have been through 3 different paint schemes. Two being CARC. Thanks for the information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks