• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2020 - January VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

migginbros, what is it with the emblem of the town on your truck and the blue light?
This 1977 MAN Kat1 served till 2012 .
After a complete rebuild the army donate this 5t truck to the Katastrophenschutz / civil protection of the island Fehmarn.
They sometimes get big flood and storms. After a political (perhaps wrong) decision they sell the truck due to the costs.

So we had the chance to buy the 5 ton at the end of 2018.

The city coat of arms is still on the doors remembering the last place in duty. ;)

Blue lights and some convoy lights are removed for better operation of the roof and Engine hatch .

IMG_20181124_123636.jpg
Basdorf_20191026 018.JPG

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I was just thinking that in the Netherlands you are NOT allowed to carry blue lights, even not functional, unless you are a recognized emergency vehicle or state vehicle. Official emblems often have to be removed to show that you are no longer an official town vehicle.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I was just thinking that in the Netherlands you are NOT allowed to carry blue lights, even not functional, unless you are a recognized emergency vehicle or state vehicle. Official emblems often have to be removed to show that you are no longer an official town vehicle.
Robo, it's the same here in most states. No Red or Blue lights even if they are non-operational. I had to change the red warning lights on my truck to amber.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You still have a couple of hours to show your appreciation (by voting) to the brave folks who submit their MVs for your enjoyment/consideration.:papabear:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Singing Papa Bear.jpg It ain't over till Papa Bear sings, so. Congrats to lpcoating, and the rest of the fine contestants of this months M/V of The Month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks