• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will do something different than others have done on here as we all have a MV, they all came from the military and they all have different configurations and usually winners are based on either (A) how much money/work they put into them (B) rarity of them and lastly very rarely (C) of them in action as the day they left the service.

Welp I'm campaigning for the structure I park mine in, I built it and proud of it just as the MV that sits in it and has been part of building it. (Like I said, I'm here to contaminate the gene pool) This will be several pages over the next few days with pictures.

Start off with backstory of it, started digging it out in January of 2021 with worn out 53 yr old backhoe w/o power steering and nothing is flat here, some days it was snowing, other days rock solid ground at -40°. No building plan, no experience, just get a pad dug out. Kept at it till about May of that year, had some ideas of a building, but inflation hit and as a disabled combat vet on fixed income from VA it hit hard.
View attachment 904370
Around end of May I happen on some free grain bins in Bottineau, ND 416 miles away, twelve to be exact and I didn't think much of it. Showed the wife and she looks at them and asked if I could use them and it clicked.
June 1st we arrived and it was over 100° the day before highs were 60° or colder all week. For a week with no experience, in temps over 100° with high winds on the prairie ripping across me and wife tore down all 12 grain bins starting from the roof on down (very dangerous). We were staying at a hotel doing this and we would go back to hotel room covered in black grime each day.
View attachment 904371
View attachment 904372
After we got all 12 down went to leave the owner of them asked us if we would like 5 more, me and the wife looked at each other like we would be crazy to try this again, but we said sure. First we had to haul back what we got, but we came back and this time I brought home built grain bin jacks. Lift grain bin up, take bottom ring or two out and then set it back down and repeat.
View attachment 904373
Check out youtube GRAIN BIN CONVERSIONS there are so many crazy cool things from houses/bars/pools/ outdoor patios are popping up around here now made out of them and look great ! Ramble on !!!

Migginsbros

Good idea to reflect ... how to storage your MV. Build a barn, build a tent or let her sit in the environment. After having a good place under a .....we named it shed sheed,for years we build up a tent. It´s a little bit oversized for the poles but we hope that no hurricane passes.:cool::cool::jumpin:
Glad that we can use the tent for family events. Measured 48 feet x 24 feet at drive thru high of 12feet.

But back to the topic...... The engine of the MAN Kat is behind the seats (3). For inspection you can open the engine compartment comfortable. It´s a V8 aircooled Deutz Engine.
20230813_121333.jpg

20230813_124102.jpg
IMG_20200926_131847.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg
IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

Have fun with MV of the month.:jumpin::tank::cool::cool::beer:

Last edited:

Migginsbros

Thank you all voters and paticipants. That was interesting as every month. Learn about the MV´s or how they used today.
@ Bryan 45, our favorit this month was the mule. We´ve read a bit more about and find out that the early models had all wheel drive AND both axel steering. Great feature is the fold down steering column. But.. perhaps we can see more about this MV next month. ;)
Thank´s to Papabear who initialize this thread every month. Thanks to patracy for starting the vote thread.(y)(y)
IMG_20190721_114244.jpg

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all voters and paticipants. That was interesting as every month. Learn about the MV´s or how they used today.
@ Bryan 45, our favorit this month was the mule. We´ve read a bit more about and find out that the early models had all wheel drive AND both axel steering. Great feature is the fold down steering column. But.. perhaps we can see more about this MV next month. ;)
Thank´s to Papabear who initialize this thread every month. Thanks to patracy for starting the vote thread.(y)(y)
View attachment 904789
Chris, also the very early Mules had opposed 4-cylinder engines manufactured by Willys. I have only seen one of these rare Mules, and one 4-cylinder engine for sale at one of the MVCC meets a few years back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks