• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rmtaunton

Ok. Another add for tank driver, and no I don't know him but if you think about it even comparing to the guys with tracks this is the only vehicle in the list no matter your bank account you couldn't find 20 of! And back to my earlier point holy cow it's a dodge that runs lol.

Blueduce

Back on her own 10 feet again. I finally traded out her old worn out 9x20's for the beefier 11x20's. Wow, what a difference. Took her on her first test drive this afternoon and all seems well. It was quite literately a cloud of dust and a hardy high ho Silver. There was enough blast media still hidden in the nooks and crannies to build a volleyball court. If I can manage to drag myself out of bed early again tomorrow morning the stenciling should be done by this time tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I wanted to take this time to thank all my friends who supported me through this project. I need to especially thank Mark W. Charlie G. Connor M, Mark G. and Ed F. for there continued support and time volunteered to get her done. Couldn't have done it without ya fellas.

Attachments

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

Back on her own 10 feet again. I finally traded out her old worn out 9x20's for the beefier 11x20's. Wow, what a difference. Took her on her first test drive this afternoon and all seems well. It was quite literately a cloud of dust and a hardy high ho Silver. There was enough blast media still hidden in the nooks and crannies to build a volleyball court. If I can manage to drag myself out of bed early again tomorrow morning the stenciling should be done by this time tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I wanted to take this time to thank all my friends who supported me through this project. I need to especially thank Mark W. Charlie G. Connor M, Mark G. and Ed F. for there continued support and time volunteered to get her done. Couldn't have done it without ya fellas.
Looks awesome, Blue, so you got my vote this month. I'll be interested to see how your paint holds up. I used Rapco semi-gloss also, but it faded after about 3 months. Water spots really bad too- hope yours holds up better.

Blueduce

Finally had a cool enough morning to get most of the stenciling done. Also spent half the evening getting all the tape off the windows or rather my buddy Connor did. She's starting to look like something now..

For all those who are wondering NO 1AD as a unit was not deployed to Vietnam. There was a subset from 1AD that went over with 5ID but Old Ironsides never deployed. These bumper numbers are from my old unit. I was 1AD 3/77 AR in Mannheim Germany when I first enlisted back in 92'.

The tail lights you see hanging are the plastic ones and got torn up during removal. They where so old and brittle they where not worth saving. New set on the way. I will also be replacing my front composts as well for the same reason.

One more early morning for the hood numbers, hood star, and drivers side stencils. The headache rack and troop seats will have to wait a few more weeks for install till the paint cures.

Attachments

zout

It just would have been a dis-honor to not vote for whom I nominated - so.
It would be great to have a month of just CUCV's running it off - its hard to put these in with the big dogs. Just my .02cents worth.

Woodsplinter

Finally had a cool enough morning to get most of the stenciling done. Also spent half the evening getting all the tape off the windows or rather my buddy Connor did. She's starting to look like something now..

For all those who are wondering NO 1AD as a unit was not deployed to Vietnam. There was a subset from 1AD that went over with 5ID but Old Ironsides never deployed. These bumper numbers are from my old unit. I was 1AD 3/77 AR in Mannheim Germany when I first enlisted back in 92'.

The tail lights you see hanging are the plastic ones and got torn up during removal. They where so old and brittle they where not worth saving. New set on the way. I will also be replacing my front composts as well for the same reason.

One more early morning for the hood numbers, hood star, and drivers side stencils. The headache rack and troop seats will have to wait a few more weeks for install till the paint cures.
Looks great- no need to rush things at this point!

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope that I get 1 vote :popcorn: but its ok just fun to even get to list it.
I will try to maybe have my "new toy" M 984 next time. :grd:

Piper Cub

This was a tough month to choose just one! I was really torn between Tankdriver's WC63 and Blueduce. I ended up going with the deuce because of how quickly it was transformed, but I still want a WC63 like Tankdriver's! :goodjob:

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Sad thing is my mule with a 66mm LAW can take out that tank and hide in the tree line and never been seen :p:tank:.... vote for the little guy :p lols

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am doing like PB last month; just waiting till the last moment, lull everybody in a sense of victory, and then do a blitzkrieg campaign from behind the field.

For those wanting to vote now already, here is another picture I "found" of Dave's truck. Pay attention to the words on the back of the trailer. Not just a guy restoring and doing something with MVs but also honoring what they stand for.

CLARE 2010 017 (Small).jpg

Bring out the vote!

Edit: in this copied pic, you cannot much see what is written there, here is a link to a better version

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump

Three thanks but no extra vote yet.

Common people, 79 members online, don't tell me you all voted already?

If not,

th.jpg DaveP.jpg th.jpg

Actually, vote for DaveP's truck. Click the link and it's the third option from the top, easy to find, no need to scroll down or look, just put you cross there and vote.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks