• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - December VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3dAngus

Last week folks to vote for Storm 51's ground up restoration on a vintage vehicle from the Korean War era.
The M37 was used in Korea and in Viet Nam.
Top speed near 45 but will go higher, the 3/4 ton dodge was a real workhorse carrying ammo, ambulance, cargo, troops, commanders vehicles, and just had a multi purpose vehicle that suited many soldiers needs.
It was not so specialized that a soldier had to be priviledged just to drive it. It was an everyday mans machine that was used for all aspects of war as well as peacetime use. A real rock crawler that was geared to go anywhere, anytime, even in 70 below zero with special attachments made specifically for it.
The M37 was the jeep with cargo carrying capacity for its time.
I'm asking you vote for history for the final month of the year and close out the 2014 right.
Vote for Storm 51's M-37.
You can see photos of the full up restoration in his photo album.
A beautiful machine, in use everyday. Not a hangar queen.

TedG

Last chance to vote on the hmmwv. It is sold now. Thanks to Bob H for nomination. TedG

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all. I'm gonna call patracy the winner for December.

I certainly think most of the nominates are worthy and hope they resubmit next month...which is tomorrow.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, I honestly just threw mine in there for filler this month since the nominations were low. I didn't think I'd have a chance with some of the cooler stuff in the running. But thank you all for the votes!

3dAngus

Well it would be, if I wasnt on the road to Florida early in the morning.
I hope someone nominates it, cause I'll be out of pocket for a while.
I think Patracy should do the honors. He has all the luck!;)

3dAngus

By the way, with 2014 all finished up, we will need a post or thread on who will be making up the 2015 calandars with all these drop dead gorgeous machines, and when they will be ready for distribution. Hopefully, we'll have some made up before January is up.
Not sure what the plan is there, but if I can help, let me know. Also need to know what they will cost. If not to much, I might just buy two, and send one to the Smithsonian.:p

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
did you ever decide about doing a mv of the year? maybe the one that had the most total votes or won by highest percent of the vote for its month ? just to move things along?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
did you ever decide about doing a mv of the year? maybe the one that had the most total votes or won by highest percent of the vote for its month ? just to move things along?
Well... The direct answer is yes. Patracy will be making an announcement soon along with whatever rules/requirements it takes. That vote poll will run separately from the MV of the Month, January 2015.[thumbzup]

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I looked at the poll and found it interesting that some members didn't even vote for their own nomination. :shrugs:
I think I voted for my truck once before in another month when it was nominated by another person. Just didn't feel right for me to vote for my own truck if I nominated it on my own as well.

zout

I finally got time - SALUTE PT - way to go on the Dec vote - you deseve it bro for all that hard work. Congradulations.

M920

Wow, I honestly just threw mine in there for filler this month since the nominations were low. I didn't think I'd have a chance with some of the cooler stuff in the running. But thank you all for the votes!
Awesome! Congrats on the win Drew, you sure deserve it! See all I had to do, was to quit voting for your SEMTT and YOU win! Lol :popcorn:

Soni

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks