• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - June VOTE HERE!

Vote for June SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

1. Littlebob
Littlebob.jpg

2. Stretch44875
stretch.JPG

3. Cucvnut
cucvnut.jpg

4. Sharecropper
sharecropper.jpg

5. ke5eua
ke5eua.jpg

6. Tinwoodsman
tinwoodsman.jpg

7. jdknech
jdknech.jpg

8. augdog1964
Augdog1964.jpg

9. ZZ4x4
machinist75.jpg

10. goldneagle
goldneagle.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
11. iatractor
iatractor.jpg

12. sandcobra164
sandcobra.jpg

13. patracy
SEMTT.jpg

14. Evil Dr. Porkchop
Drevilporkchop.jpg

15. m715mike
m715mike.jpg

16. lowtech
lowtech.jpg

17. hndrsonj
hndrsonj.jpg

18. DSD277
dsd277.jpg

19. Jeep Nasty
JeepNasty.jpg

20. FloridaAKM
FloridaAKM.jpg

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So here’s my little write up:
I bought the truck in 2003 (my first MV) for $625 out of NAS Corpus Christi. I hated the amount of rust on the body. So, I found a rust free 1986 parts truck at San Antonio GL two months later. I purchased it for $400. After convincing a buddy to go get it, I did a body swap. I have pretty much traded/swapped for everything else. It is one of the most heavily optioned deuces there probably is. Some of what it has are:

Drop-side bed
Selectro lockouts
Air-assist steering
Fording kit
Convoy lights
HEMMT seats
Push button headlight switch
Pioneer tools

Winch
Cab reinforcement plate
Fire extinguisher
Trans/T-C shifter winter boots

Hard top
Lollipop lights
Cut down 10 ton mirrors
Rear view mirror

Rear canvas
Front tie down schackles
Remote brake reservoir
Hidden battery disconnect switch
Headlight protectors
Dual folding bumper steps
Heater (with low style intake)
Fiberglass troop seats w/metal cross bows
M16 gun mounts
Hood lift handle

Not installed but have:
Pyrometer
VIC-1
RT-524 Radio
Spin on oil filter kit

It was originally a non-turbo but now it has a “C” turbo. I swapped for some new tires, has new exhaust, both wiring harnesses were replaced. It has been driven from Corpus Christi, TX to Atlanta, GA to Galesville, WI to Cheyenne, WY and a lot in between. I repainted it 383 green two years ago. It has Seabee decals from the Battalion Detachment that was stationed here in Cheyenne. I’ll put up some more pics later. I know I’m forgetting a lot. (See the bullet hole below the headlight)

Attachments

Last edited:

m715mike

Here are a couple more recent pictures of the CUCV II. It comes stock with 2 cupholders, since I've owned it I've added another 2.8)

Seriously, you had to go there with the cup holder comment? That was a low blow. Let's have a nice clean completion and keep the jabs above the belt!! rofl

Ok, don't tell anyone, but back when I was a youngster and learning how to drive, I cut some teeth in a CUCV. There is still a fond spot in my heart for them!!

I would wish you luck in the competition, but shoot, we all know that I need it more. :naner:

Folks, vote for me!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait a minute... This was your first post and you are in WY???? Humm... Is this hndersonj under a nom de plume???

Check the :rules:

P.S. Welcome to the site. Next month, vote for me!!!

Guarantee it isn't me. Clark just bought a deuce and he has looked over mine repeatedly "learning". Honestly I probably only have 3K or just slightly more in it. (Take your time and swap for stuff)

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clear things up, the IP addresses do not match.

75.1X4.96.XX for hndrsonj
24.1X3.27.X for Back2Wyo

Since only staff should see IP addresses and it's a security risk, I blocked out a few numbers. But they're totally different networks.

Just trying to keep things on the up and up since we have staff in the contest. I can assure you, none of the staff in any way is cheating.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drew we know that it was a joke you know pulling one leg.
When you or other mods start winning every month then we might question your honesty and I say again we MIGHT.
Just like Zout said it's to have fun it's not like we win a million dollars.

Guy's don't poke the mods. They might sic the Dog on you.

Back2Wyo

Jiim and I are 85 miles apart. Jim has been mentoring me as I work on the deuce that I purchased. Maybe in time, i'lll have it worth comparing to Jim's or Soni"'s work.

m715mike

Jiim and I are 85 miles apart. Jim has been mentoring me as I work on the deuce that I purchased. Maybe in time, i'lll have it worth comparing to Jim's or Soni"'s work.
Please take my comments as intended - humor. I think it is outstanding that one SS member would mentor another. I tip my hat to hndrsonj and am glad you've joined the hobby!

Now everyone else, ignore this outburst of honesty and sincerity and VOTE FOR ME!!!

sandcobra164

My truck was actually never nominated this month and hopefully never will be again. It's one of the last CUCV's that is completely original and has been to 2 GA Rally's and to date has only 6,700 original miles. I got upset when it got it's tail whipped last month and I am out of the game. Sure, politics make good money promising stuff they fail to offer on sometimes and it's entertaining, I'm not going to do that. If my truck wins, it'd be by accident or by purpose. Restorations involve a whole lot more work than I've done on my truck. My truck is for the sole entertainment of Parade go'er's, Rally go'er's, and most important, My Briggs. Politics and Votes no longer matter to me, my buddy taught me that this Father's Day and he lost one of these but he's been a great mentor. If you know who you are, Thank You.

Attachments

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sandcobra, I agree with you 100%. I had not planned to re-nominate my M1028 again this month however someone else did. I believe your M1028 may be the finest example of an original CUCV in existence. In my opinion, you should have won last month's contest. To have a mil-spec non-restored tractor receive more votes than any other entrant seems to suggest a conspiracy of vote gathering. It turned my stomach to the whole idea of a MV-of-the-Month contest.

This month, I have not even voted for my own M1028. It makes no sense. I may be wrong, and this is purely my opinion, however it seems there is a lot of politics involved in who gets the votes. So, I will not even attempt to campaign my truck. I don't care about votes after last month's results. After surviving 2 back surgeries and a major heart attack that came within 15 minutes of killing me, I really don't care what other folks think about my truck. I can say that it is special to me and i have enjoyed restoring it and modifying it to suit my tastes. That is all that matters.

The next time I come down I-75 through Georgia, I will holler at you and take a side trip over to Leesburg to meet you and see the finest original CUCV in existance.

Thanks for your candid comments.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Politics?? Conspiracy?? Come on now, there's no call for all that!

We all have different tastes and that's why we all have different types of vehicles and joined this site to show and talk about them.

Actually we do JOKE about making ridiculous political promises but that's all it is, and it's in good fun.

I assume the Admin could remove a fellers vehicle if that feller didn't want to compete for whatever reason but that would be his decision if asked I guess.

Let's not ruin a good thing with unsupported accusations/comments, PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks