• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - May VOTE HERE!

Vote for May SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zout

Mike invited me out to Texas to go rattlesnake hunting with him if I'd vote for him - he just said he'd point me towards the snake holes !!

OOPS - I already voted for someone else - wonder if who I voted for knows where any rattlesnake dens are ?

m715mike

I would like to thank BlackNoma for his endorsement and for simply taking the time to chime-in. This is a big deal given his busy schedule. Not only is he planning a move from China back to Texas, but he and his wife are expecting their first born NEXT WEEK! That's HUGE!!!

Folks, this is a big deal. Join the bandwagon now!!! ​Vote for Me

m715mike

Mike invited me out to Texas to go rattlesnake hunting with him if I'd vote for him - he just said he'd point me towards the snake holes !!

OOPS - I already voted for someone else - wonder if who I voted for knows where any rattlesnake dens are ?

zout - Since you voted for someone else, you are now obligated to help my campaign effort by finding at least 2 other SS'ers that will vote for me. Problem solved...

The rattlesnake hunting offer is still open. I know a good den.
:shock: ​But you forgot to mention that I offered to BBQ all of the rattlers we caught... TASTES LIKE CHICKEN... YUMMY!!!

Vote for me!

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I have been asked again to what extent I rebuilt/restored my M1028. The person who asked said my rebuild thread was too long for him to read. So I figured I would list a summary here with a few photos of what I did -

Spring 2010 to present (4 years and counting) -

Copy (3) of DSC02634.jpgCopy of DSC02624.jpgCopy of Engine after Ip rebuild.jpgCopy of Rebuilt IP.jpgCopy of DSC02633.jpgCopy of DSC02604.jpgCopy of DSC02591.jpgCopy of DSC02605.jpg

Disassembled all body parts with the exception of the cab
Hand-sanded, primed, and painted all body parts inside & out
Stripped cab of everything except wiring harness
Hand sanded, primed, and painted cab
Purchased and installed LMC floor insulation and rubber mat
Disassembled seat, sanded & painted seat frame, purchased and installed LMC black seat covers
Installed rebuilt seat with new black seat belts
Purchased and installed new OEM black dash
Purchased and installed Pinzgauer dash map lights
Purchased and installed tilt steering wheel
New pedal rubber & transfer case shifter boot
New glove box
New clear instrument bezel
New rear glass & new OEM GM rubber
Removed original windshield, polished, reinstalled with new OEM GM rubber
Installed Dynamat sound-proofing in doors
Rebuilt and reinstalled original window operators
New door glass & rubber
New OEM GM vent window assemblies (these were $550 - sold a shotgun and log splitter to ease the pain)
New OEM GM door locks and key cylinders
Dyed original door panels black
New door handles and window crank handles
New door rubber
New door thresholds
Removed/sanded/painted/reinstalled bed, bumpers, grille
Purchased, painted, and installed new OEM GM hood
Installed MIL-SPEC cold weather grille cover
New headlights and LMC harness
New OEM GM side marker lights
New tail light lenses
New cab-to-rear-bumper wiring harness with parallel civilian trailer plug
Sanded, primed, painted entire truck with 383 CARC substitute
Sanded, primed, and painted original tailgate
Rebuilt tailgate lock operator
New blackout lights (5) - thanks Popacom!
Raised rear 5" with ORD shackle flip and Zero-rates
Installed rear disc brake kit with emergency brake application (1976 Eldorado calipers)
Disassembled, sanded, painted reassembled rear spring packs
New bearings and seals in rear end
Installed ORD rear u-bolt flip
Relocated rear shock brackets on axle tube
New rear drive shaft
Raised front 5" with new Rough Country HD springs and Zero-rates
Installed ORD cross-over steering
Replaced steering rag joint with precision u-joit
New front drive shaft
New Rough Country shocks all around
New civilian fuel filler with locking cap
New OEM GM fuel pump
New Moog steering damper
Rebuilt front Dana 60 with new inner & outer seals, bearings, kingpin bushings
New Timken front wheel bearings and re-pack
Because the truck had only 12,338 original miles, I left the engine and transmission intact, all fluids and filters changed
Rebuilt injection pump, installed new Bosch injectors
New OEM GM vacuum pump on engine
New OEM GM vacuum controller on injection pump
New vacuum lines throughout
New glow plugs and card controller
Doghead starter relay thingy
Glowplug resistor bypass
New glowplug relay
New hoses & belts throughout
Installed fresh air intake from grille to air cleaner
New Optima batteries
New Solargizer
New windshield wipers
Custom 11.00/20 Firestone split rim wheels (5)
New 11.00/20 NDC tires, tubes, and boots with 15 ounces of Dyna Beads in each tube
Custom rock guards, steps, and boarding assist handles

As of this date, the truck has 12,979 miles

I have 4 years of work and over $25,000 invested, not counting my labor.

I would sincerely appreciate your vote.

Attachments

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Yep I did not do any of that listed above. I drove it home, sanded the carc paint and painted it semi gloss OD and drove it. Been making 60 yr old men feel 18 again for the last 12 years.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Only a few hours left folks. Voting is closed tonight at 21:45hrs (9:45 PM):popcorn:

Vote now or forever hold your piece...wait...not that piece....this peace.:naner:

:tigger:

m715mike

A vision

There's still plenty of time to secure the votes necessary to win this contest!!! It occurred to me that if people understood my vision then they may be more inclined to vote for me. That is, my clear vision as to what I will accomplish if my truck is voted as the Steel Soldiers MV of the Month!

Folks, fear not. I assure you that the following will be accomplished during the next month when my truck is elected MV of the month:

• First, I will immediately beg, plead and grovel with the Mods to get a picture of my truck displayed on the left hand side of your screen. (Wait, my campaign manager tells me they do this anyway?)

• Second, I will then spend the next 30 minutes to an hour (maybe longer) staring at said picture. This may be accompanied by the consumption of an adult beverage(s). At which point in time, all SS'ers are invited to join me for the consumption of a beverage(s) of their choice. (Note, you need to bring your own beverage. If some kind of fruity concoction is the beverage of your choice, don't worry, your secret is save with me! I will provide light hor d'oeuvres.)

• I will have all of the roads in this great nation repaved so they are easier on your MV!!! If you prefer to offroad your MV, I can arrange for tougher obstacles or muddier pits! If you do not live in the United States of America and are considering voting for me, PM me so we can discuss how this promise applies to you. I'm not saying I won't do it, but it may be more difficult outside of the USA. (I'm setting-up a fund to take donations for this project and will post the details later.)

• I'm also working on a project to ensure that it will never again rain on the same day that you wash your MV. This includes washing your MV the morning of a parade! We're close, and I hope to roll this one out to a test group next month.

• I will abolish all HOA's!

• Lastly, there is my campaign promise. If you vote for me, your life (and that of your MV) will improve tenfold (See post #20). How will I do this you may ask :)papabear:)?? Well vote for me and find out!!!
Time is running short. Get in there and >>> Vote for me <<<

m715mike

Last minute rally!!!!

Okay folks, there is still time to get in there and VOTE FOR ME!!!

I really, really didn't want it to come down to this, but time is almost up and I need the votes. Here goes....

For a limited time (ugh, until 20:45 CT) I will pay you for your votes!!! Yes, I WILL PAY FOR YOUR VOTES!!!

Everyone that votes for me between now and 20:45 CT will get >>> 2cents !!!!

These are extremely valuable. Anybody with 2cents can redeem them at ANYTIME to interject their opinion in ANY thread. Let's explore the possibilities....

One can interject their opinion by leading with their 2cents, such as:

• "It is my 2cents that EVERYONE on SS should vote for me!!!!"

Or, you can state your opinion followed by your 2cents, such as:

• "EVERYONE on SS should vote for me!!!! Just my 2cents..."

Y'all get the point. Remember, these can be used at ANYTIME in ANY thread. Just use your 2cents and interject your opinion. And we all know that opinions are like a$$hol*s... Everyone's got one. So now all you need is 2cents!!!

Okay folks, time is running short. VOTE FOR ME AND I WILL PAY YOU 2cents!!!!

(Oh, and :papabear:, don't worry. Once again, I took the liberty of checking the rules for you. I'm still good here!!!)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Vtdeucedriver and sharecropper are tied in a dead heat...24 vs 24 with just 9 minutes left!!:popcorn:

I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks