• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Topper KY to FL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, I have a steel topper in the Lexington area that I'm looking to get to points south of there. Fits an 8' truck and will be going on a CUCV. If anyone coming south has some room for it and can get it closer, would sure be a big help. Thiis thing weighs in at near 500#.

Bill W

Kenny if its any help
I'm at zip code 30205
If someone can get it this far I can unload and store it till someone else can get it the rest of the way down

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We tend to make runs from North GA to Jacksonville, FL frequently. So we'd be unloaded heading down. If it could make it's way down to N-GA, we could get it down that far as well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it looks like if I can get it to Andrews place, I can get it home from there. Just have to wait for that "Right Person" coming south from KY to GA and we'll be all set. Thanks for the help guys.

BTN

I am picking up the deuce I just got from GL from Ft. Knox, probably on monday. I'm not too sure of the running condition, etc. Description says it runs with a jump. I have not been able to check it out yet. New to these vehicles also. I would offer to bring it as far as western NC. The only problem is if I break down, I would possibly have to leave the deuce overnight (along with the topper in the back) until I could get a tow. I assume you're talking about a cab topper?

Anyway, if everything comes together with picking up the deuce I could check back with you. Would there be others there to help load it since it weighs 500#?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weight of the thing is an issue. Working on the coordination of that now. I may just have to wait until March on this deal.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 days late on a 7 day bump cycle. :popcorn:

So tickled to have my favorite emoticon back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks