• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steelsoldiers.com survey

kurtkds

I just logged on tonight and immediately had a "survey" pop up from or about Steelsoldiers.com. Had 4 questions about where was I visiting the site from, is this my first time there, how many times a week I come here, and would I come back.

Then it went on to ask if I'd buy a $50 item for only $10 and gave a list of 3 items.

Reading the fine print it went on to say haw it wasn't part of Steelsoldiers blah blah blah.

This happen to anybody else?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Strange. We don't have any pop-up adverts in google ads or anywhere else. I will double check the google just in case. Keep me posted everyone.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Never had a pop-up here.

kurtkds

I did see that my son added the ASK.com tool bar to that particular computer... I'm gonna take that off and see if that takes care of the situation.

I can't stand pop ups!!!!:evil::evil::evil:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or the people infected with adware............

This is slightly off topic, and I'm sorry for the threadjack but........"Ad-Aware" is a FREE program download from lavasoft.com that is a fantastic program for ridding and monitoring you PC for adware.

Oh, I haven't seen the pop-up either

jasonjc

I've gotten the bar that comes up and says a popup has been blocked clik here to see it, a few times.
If I see it again I will check it out and let the bosses know about it;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks