• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stering wheel dip stick?

asgtoolman

ok I think I made a mistake the other day, sitting in a parade waiting for it to start, I pulled the rubber cap off of the stering wheel and pulled the stainless steel top piece out, Had no clue what was gonna be there, I was just messing around seeing what it was, well amost 5 ft of rod came out and it wouldn't go back in, it keeps getting stuck somewhere down the tube,

simple question, what is this is how do I fix it, cut it off and just put it in place? or is it more importantant then I think??
thanks.

pictures can be added just ask...

I would laugh at this thread, but it hits WAY too close to home. At least I was not sitting in a parade, but when rebuilding my M-38 I too pulled the horn rod out while cleaning/ rebuilding everything and could not figure out why it would not slide back down as easily as it came out [which was VERY easy] Finally pulled out the TM after hours of fooling around with every imaginable way to push it back in and ended up putting it back thru the bottom. It is impossible to imagine that it can't be done from the top but I sure could not make it work.

pvtjorge

Dip stick in the steering wheel. Now that's a good one. toot toot

Down in the bottom of the steering box is a tube about a foot long and I guess 1/4-5/16"ID that the rod has to go in. The tube is a guide for the rod and it inside of the steering cam. At the bottom end of the tube is the horn switch. The rod when pushed closes the horn switch. It can be difficult to feed the rod into the tube.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks