• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage / Parking

Iski

New diesels look cleaner since particles are smaller. The smaller particles get into plant and animal cells causing much greater damage. Burniing wood is even better but HOAs also don't like this)

Another Ahab

New diesels look cleaner since particles are smaller. The smaller particles get into plant and animal cells causing much greater damage. Burniing wood is even better but HOAs also don't like this)
HOA's are sometimes a lot like Historic Preservation Committees (HPC): it's often more about ego and power of the association/committee members than anything really practical. That's human nature I guess.

Case in point (briefly): worked a job once in Historic Georgetown (Washington, DC). The owner of the historic (c. 1790) townhouse was a person of (very) considerable means. She wanted to replace all the windows in her house. HPC said no.

She said she would reproduce them exactly, even to paying for the special cutting knives for the profiles (and was planning on reproducing them in mahogany, which she was going to have painted!). HPC shut her down again, "no". The explanation was that the original wood had to be preserved, that was the issue for the HPC.

No way in H--- that anyone would have ever known the difference by looking at those windows. But certain individuals of the membership on that HPC wanted to prove that their power was greater than that of the owner. Go figure.

Jeepsinker

Those are the kind of people that need to loose something very important or dear to them just to bring them back to earth. Not advocating murder here, don't get me wrong, but people like that need to be punished harshly. Things like that are getting way too commonplace and spreading to places where it was once unheard of. It has to stop somewhere.

Mark2X2

Does or has anyone ever parked there Deuce in a 40' shipping container? Any idea how big the opening is? Don't have a problem with taking the stack and roof off once a year.... but be great if I didn't have too. Been thinking about reasonably priced inside winter storage for my Deuce and boat, could back the boat in first then run the Deuce in front. Don't have any use for the Deuce or boat in the winter, don't have the money to put up a pole building now.

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a new pole building going up as I post this. Floor is being poured tomorrow!
Nice! Man. I so need a business that would support the building of a pole building for workshop and truck storage. If I built one for pleasure only, I could not justify the cost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks