• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stranded,need help now,Atlanta,ga

WOLFMAN1

LICENSE PLATE light sounds stupid, if it was never made with one they shouldnt give you hel1 over it. i like the cucv you have it looks cool. i'm in the middle of selling my gasser deuce just so i can move. had to drop the price way down just so i can get away from the in-laws and keep my wife happy. my deuce is nowhere near the price now that your cucv is. still glad you got a litte help. times are hard and you look like you have it the hardest just trying to get buy. i wish you the best of luck.aua:cookoo:2cents

CycleJay

I know enough to NEVER ever put gas in my truck..
I never have and never will, I only put diesel fuel in it.

I had absolutely no idea it needed a license plate light, or I would of put one on.

good day,

CJ

CycleJay

Thanks for the kind words Wolfman..

I am having a hard time yes, I have no way to get around to get what I need done,
to get it back..
Walking to where I need to go would not be possible, the places are too far..

Good day,

CJ

WOLFMAN1

like i said i wish you luck. i am only in tenn if i could afford the gas to get down there i would of helped you. i worked a job in miss, one time and got stranded. the guy who was the driver went and took mine and another guys work pay in cash from the boos and said he would deliver it to us. next thing i know he is gone with our money back to tennessee and the boss refused to pay us after it was his fault. tell me that aint screwed up. wife had to pawn most of what we owned to come get me.:shock:

maynard83

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Talk about Murphy's Law. Or things coming in 3's.
I hope you can overcome all your issues and keep the costs down. Best of luck.

CycleJay

CUCVFreak,
I came here because of a job transfer.. Also, to get the **** away from the earthquakes..
I was living in Northridge at the time of the 1994 6.9+ Northridge Earthquake.
My house caved in on me, at least the room I was in did.. I was lucky to get out..

So I left when I could..

CJ

CycleJay

Maynard, thank you for the message and kind words..
I know what you mean.. about things happen in 3's....
I have checked on the costs, it does not sound too bad so far..

good day

CJ

CycleJay

Hi all,
After a long walk, I was able to get to the bank, and back home.
Now I just need to get to the car insurance office & impound yard.
Now those are definately too far too walk, that is for sure.

Any assistance would be appreciated, I'll owe ya one..

Have a good day,

CJ
M1009 - Owner/driver..

DokWatson

Hi all,
After a long walk, I was able to get to the bank, and back home.
Now I just need to get to the car insurance office & impound yard.
Now those are definately too far too walk, that is for sure.

Any assistance would be appreciated, I'll owe ya one..

Have a good day,

CJ
M1009 - Owner/driver..
If you were in Alaska I'd help you out. I usually pick people up I see walking when I know the nearest 'anything' is pretty far away.

CycleJay

DokWatson,
Thank you for the kind words, and offer.. It is the thought that counts.
I missed out today, so I need to get it done tomorrow so I can have it to get to work Monday, and avoid any more daily storage charges.

God bless you, Thank you for your service to our country, it is greatly appreciated.

Have a good day,

CJ

CycleJay

Mikelee,

Yes, it is good to see, especially these days, with how bad things are going in this country.
It is just too bad they are all too far away.

night,

CJ

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
CycleJay...I will prolly get blasted for this...and I don't want you to think I am a hard ass...this is just how I think:

Out of fuel...I am over...er...30 yrs old...and have NEVER ran out of fuel!!
If I knew I was that close I would not have driven the vehicle and risked the expense of being towed etc.:shock:

Tag light...don't blame the cop...know the rules. What works for a tactical vehicle may not work when it becomes a private vehicle...but you need to know:roll:

Insurance...a problem that you didn't know about??:oops:
Ummm...wonder what that was?? But if the vehicle is not properly insured to be on the road...it shouldn't be.

Impounded for no proper insurance? What if the officer let you drive away...without proper insurance..and God forbid...you were in a bad accident?:shock:

I don't know your age...but I have to assume full responsibility for everything I do. I think you should to.

I'm truly sorry you are going thru hard times...but aren't we all to some extent??fat lady sings

CycleJay

Papabear,
Thank you for the message.. And you made some good points.

I am 43 years old..

By the time I got pulled over, I had plenty of fuel, I got pulled over right after coming
from the gas station and got filled up. By the way, my fuel gauge does not work,
but I plan on fixing that problem, so I just keep track of the miles after I get filled up,
and sometimes I am wrong an miscalculate.

Tag light, I had asked around, and got no clear answers, I even asked the tag office,
when I first registered it in June/July, and the rep was not sure.
I really did not know I needed one.. But I do now, and will correct that problem.

I am not going to blame the cop at all, not his fault, he was doing his job
and following the rules, and going by the book, so I can respect that.

Insurance, honestly, with all that has been going on with me lately,
I had completely forgotten to keep up on it.. Again, not the cops fault.

Being impounded, I understand, he said the same thing, what if I had gotten into
an accident. I for one would not of caused one, I am a very careful and safe driver.
But I do see his point, and I understand.

I also, accept fully responsibility for what happened, and understand.
I just wish it had gone a little differently.

Yes, things are tough all over, that is why people should help each other out,
whenever they can, even more now then ever..

Also, there is no reason you should get blasted, you made some good points.
I learned a lesson, paid a price, now I will make sure it does not happen again.

God bless you and have a good night,

CJ

Last edited: