• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

strange splash guard brackets

rustystud

Does anyone know what these brackets are for ? They are mounted above the rear splash guard support brackets on both sides. I just spent 2 hours going through all the parts books including the ORG-SNL-G-742 with no luck. Thanks for any help.010.jpg011.jpg My truck is a M35A2C 1988 Air Force unit.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just took delivery of a "87 Air Force truck out of Warner Robbins, I'll have to check it also. Definitely some type of support bracket. First to identify it wins the prize.

rustystud

It's interesting, why go to the trouble of fabricating a angle plate with a circular ring welded on, put this on both sides of the truck and also add another angle plate 18" away ? The military never does anything without a purpose . Even if it's a stupid one. The problem is I cannot even find these parts in any manual ! It seems like a lot of other trucks also have these brackets, so it cannot be a local thing. My truck has lived it's life out here at McCord Air Force base. Now JBLM (Joint Base Lewis McCord ) . Others clear out in Louisiana ! With all the combined knowledge out here in "Steel Soldiers Land" someone must know what there for .

andy3

Looks to me like you would use it for a stake for either a portable extended mudflap or flagging to warn for extra wide load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks