• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stretch's Haspin road train

alphadeltaromeo

Capt...let me try to answer that one:

1. your deuce faster = going down hill...it'll be faster, trust me
2. larger = self explanatory...see pics
3. better off-roader = it'll be better sittin off the road than venturin down the road
4. shorter = when the trailers on the back end rip off the last deuce axle...it'll be shorter...

Flea

Looks challenging, but I wonder if the surge brakes will create a tendency to jackknife? Just watch those lane changes (should you need to make any-- probably no passing here), and make sure to swing those turns wide!

:grd:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've already done a brake test, comes to a straight, fast stop. With what research I've done, it's legal. (talked to Hwy patrol, and friend is doing same with fifth wheel camper and short trailer, he talked to indiana and ohio).

Still going to be well under 10,000 lbs. Camper's 5500, trailer will be about 3000 loaded. Trust me, everything is heavy duty for hitches/bumpers/frames.

May get a backup camera for the last trailer.

The big trucks tow doubles all the time, and they have an extra pivot point.(dolly)

I was surprised, on the turns, the rear trailer tracks only 1/2 foot in, compared to the front trailer. Takes almost the same path around the corner.

Need to remember NOT to park where I have to back up!

Dennis

tamangel

(talked to Hwy patrol, and friend is doing same with fifth wheel camper and short trailer, he talked to indiana and ohio).
according to the chart, OK both in Ohio and Indiana. Towing a fifth wheel is a different animal vs bumper hitch trailers. Things that are legal w/ a 5th wheel trailer may not be w/ a bumper hitch trailer (like carrying passengers: OK in 5th wheel as long as direct comm w/ driver, not OK in bumper hitched trailer..)...

Mike

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, dude, you need to stop buying stuff and gather up the orphans you have sitting elsewhere in the country FIRST. :) Did you ever get those M105 side racks and parts I brought to Gilbert's place LAST Haspin rally?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, sent you a PM. Are you going?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's almost as bad as driving a deuce in low range from KY to TX pulling a 5th wheel dolly followed by a low-boy loaded with a bulldozer :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelsoldiers said:
That's almost as bad as driving a deuce in low range from KY to TX pulling a 5th wheel dolly followed by a low-boy loaded with a bulldozer :)
Not even close Boss. Now if he puts blazer axles under the deuce, then he will be close to DRs excellent adventure.

I thought my roadtrain was bad!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think ZiggyO a while back, picked up a couple deuces, was driving a HEMTT towing a M35A2 towing a M36A2 towing a CUCV. Lots of axles....

M1075

maddawg308 said:
I think ZiggyO a while back, picked up a couple deuces, was driving a HEMTT towing a M35A2 towing a M36A2 towing a CUCV. Lots of axles....
I wish he had a picture of that because I don't think he ever posted one. It would take a wide angle lens for sure!

citizensoldier

maddawg308 said:
Lane, dude, you need to stop buying stuff and gather up the orphans you have sitting elsewhere in the country FIRST. :) Did you ever get those M105 side racks and parts I brought to Gilbert's place LAST Haspin rally?
How does this concern you? I will decide what I buy and where and when.. All people have to say is no if they dont want to help, but it never hurts to ask. I have helped many from this site haul things all accross the country. Plus one never expected fuel to go so high in such a short time.
On another note I will determine when and what I buy when I feel like it. If I want to have OD junk strung accross the country thats my business..
I have had the M105 racks home for a year, picked them up at Gilberts while I was getting stuff from Miltrucks not long after last years Haspin.. :twisted: :x

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See, I'm freaking safety dude compared to everyone else! Gotta love this hobby, were all a little nuts.

O, the deuce was modified for this adventure. 12v prodigy brake controller for camper brakes, and reese hitch installed(done a while ago).

Pretty neat on the controller, added a 24v relay that fires off the brake light switch, it sends a 12v signal to the brake controller to say when I'm braking.

Need to quit adding 12v stuff to the first battery, and buy that 24-12 converter in the classifieds.