• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stretch's Haspin road train

N1265

RE: duece yard tractor

Our local Boy Scout troop pulls a cargo trailer and a boat behind a Panel delivery van ( no 5th wheel ) been doing it for years and never had a problem with Johnny Law. Just be sure that the lights work on the rear trailer and everything is plated. Also make sure the rear trailer does not " sway " when going down the road.

If you do get pulled over in Ohio, I suspect the only trouble any body would give you would be about the Historical plates, To get around this all you should need to do is keep a copy of the laws with you and tell the officer that you are going to a club event...

Good Luck !

ida34

RE: duece yard tractor

Based on the chart posted the rig would be legal in Michigan. The things it does not tell you in the chart is that recreational duals require a special driver's license endorsement and the front trailer must be a fifth wheel. Bumper towing two trailers would not be. I won't come down there and try to find you and I wish you luck but I think that chart is missing a few steps. I have not looked into Ohio and Indiana law to see if it is like Michigan law. I hope you guys have fun. I think the best part of the trailer train is if something happens you are only out about $50 in scrap aluminum from the camper.

namedpipes

I went looking for THIS: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0[/media]

But found THIS, which may fit this thread a bit better... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWE5e_H47MI&feature=related[/media]

SMOKEWAGON66

dang...in Cali the CHiPpers would be on you faster then then you can say HOT****! pulling tandems is legal in cali but it can not be a bumper pull to a bumper pull..it has to be a 5th wheel then a bumper pull....any others attract cops like...well u get the idear...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks